Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smudge06_3489303b-large_trans++YXjog94lRMOHxImHynYRZcxptRHXSzWwBc7dAb0V4eE.jpg

Just look at him. Everything Martinez hasn't got. Beautiful hair, facial hair, dresses better and actual tactics.

Ffs. He looks like Phil Brown! Howe in!

What because he won a game against Liverpool?!
Yep. And nothing to do with the fact for the second season on the bounce he's got Southanpton where they are, with a slightly less quality squad and the absolute exodus he had to deal with in season 1. Plus he must have achieved something in the Dutch league that convinced the Southampton board to Employ him. I'm sure that Ed Chamberlain off SS1 said he'd won 3 titles, although I may very well be wrong. I doubt you'd find a Southampton fan who would want to lose him or swap him with Martinez.

Yep. And nothing to do with the fact for the second season on the bounce he's got Southanpton where they are, with a slightly less quality squad and the absolute exodus he had to deal with in season 1. Plus he must have achieved something in the Dutch league that convinced the Southampton board to Employ him. I'm sure that Ed Chamberlain off SS1 said he'd won 3 titles, although I may very well be wrong. I doubt you'd find a Southampton fan who would want to lose him or swap him with Martinez.
Fair's fair, I've just seen his name thrown around a lot more now literally as "but lad he won that game against the RS and he usually plays well against them", is all.

for balance, heres some bad bits fo koeemans managerial career -

Valencia[edit]
On 31 October 2007, Koeman agreed to be the new coach of Valencia after the sacking of Quique Flores, starting on 5 November 2007.[18] With Valencia he won the2007–08 Spanish Cup, a tournament he previously won as a player of Barcelona. This was Valencia's first Copa del Rey since 1999.[19] The remainder of his tenure at Valencia would prove disappointing. The team would slump to 15th in the league, only two points above the relegation zone, as well as finishing bottom of theirChampions League group. A 5–1 defeat by Athletic Bilbao would prove the final straw for Koeman's time with Valencia. He was sacked the following day, on 21 April 2008.[19]

AZ[edit]
He was appointed manager of AZ on 18 May 2009,[20] after Louis van Gaal, who won the 2008–09 Eredivisie with AZ, joined Bayern Munich. On 5 December 2009, AZ announced that Koeman no longer was in charge of AZ, after losing 7 of the first 16 games in the Dutch competition.[21]

Fair's fair, I've just seen his name thrown around a lot more now literally as "but lad he won that game against the RS and he usually plays well against them", is all.
No. I said on Twitter yesterday and then they went 2-0 down to the RS and I had what I assume was some pro-Martinez fan sarcastically liking it.
image.webp

I also like the way he keeps his calm, oozes class (like Martinez TBF) and knows his tactics

No. I said on Twitter yesterday and then they went 2-0 down to the RS and I had what I assume was so pro-Martinez fan sarcastically liking it.
View attachment 19821

I also like the way he keeps his calm, oozes class (like Martinez TBF) and knows his tactics (unlike Martinez)
FTFY.

I get your point, just it's you saying it for obvious reasons, and others saying it because he's won 2 games like. I have to say I don't really watch them play that often, so fair game if you do/have seen them more often. Didn't even watch their game yesterday tbh, watched some of PSV - Ajax (Cocu vs Frank hey lol ) and the S'land game.

FTFY.

I get your point, just it's you saying it for obvious reasons, and others saying it because he's won 2 games like. I have to say I don't really watch them play that often, so fair game if you do/have seen them more often. Didn't even watch their game yesterday tbh, watched some of PSV - Ajax (Cocu vs Frank hey lol ) and the S'land game.
They are 2 other names that Evertonians have mentioned but I really struggle with managers from outside of England as I pay hardly any attention to European football. The only info I get is once every Monday from Andy Brasil on Talksport, on the H & J show. I like Koeman as he has now achieved consistently good points returns with his own squad that he had to build after the 13/14 exodus. Martinez did well With Moyes back 5 but when they were undrilled we've since collapsed. It must be said also that he hasn't been without question at Southampton, I'm sure they had a bad run in and around Christmas to the point there were murmurs he'd lost some of the players, if that was true it's another string to his bow that he has got them right back on side, and finally he handled that Mane asking to leave brilliantly also (much like Martinez/Stones) yet Mane has continued to perform to his level for Koeman.

for balance, heres some bad bits fo koeemans managerial career -

Valencia[edit]
On 31 October 2007, Koeman agreed to be the new coach of Valencia after the sacking of Quique Flores, starting on 5 November 2007.[18] With Valencia he won the2007–08 Spanish Cup, a tournament he previously won as a player of Barcelona. This was Valencia's first Copa del Rey since 1999.[19] The remainder of his tenure at Valencia would prove disappointing. The team would slump to 15th in the league, only two points above the relegation zone, as well as finishing bottom of theirChampions League group. A 5–1 defeat by Athletic Bilbao would prove the final straw for Koeman's time with Valencia. He was sacked the following day, on 21 April 2008.[19]

AZ[edit]
He was appointed manager of AZ on 18 May 2009,[20] after Louis van Gaal, who won the 2008–09 Eredivisie with AZ, joined Bayern Munich. On 5 December 2009, AZ announced that Koeman no longer was in charge of AZ, after losing 7 of the first 16 games in the Dutch competition.[21]
For balance here is Sir Alex Fergusons record before he joined UTD
image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back