Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I let it go a few days ago lol. Currently I am dreaming of Klinsmann, Cocu and Kanchelskis. I know Kanchelskis is pure FM but I am a fantasist and it would be nice to have a former player managing us.

Flores would be a risk because of the way he joins clubs and leaves temperamentally (a word?) for 'personal reasons'.

Cannot believe you cannot see this. You are dreaming yourself if you cannot see he could come in and ruin previous good work.

Also, the taca de liga is a mickey mouse cup competition that has not even been around for 10 years. Benfica have now won it 6 times so him winning that is hardly a fantastic achievment.

Qualifying for the Champions League with Valencia was hardly a big deal everything was already in place they were a big club.

His only achievement is winning the Europa League beating Fulham in the final, you are acting like he has done what Mourinho has in football.

Not at all. I believe he could be a realistic choice for a manager who has been successful at big clubs and has now proven he's capable of being a Premier League manager as well.

He plays an exciting brand of football and better players would only improve that, but he has the defensive solidity to come in and build on what RM has built so far.

I want a top manager too, but it's laughable how many people are turning their noses up at Howe in disgust even though he's got that Bournemouth side on the same points as us with the horrendous injuries they've had.

The fact he's within even 10 points of us should involve vast praise for him and dire criticism of our man.

I would take Howe personally but he loves Bournemouth would he even want to leave?

I want a top manager too, but it's laughable how many people are turning their noses up at Howe in disgust even though he's got that Bournemouth side on the same points as us with the horrendous injuries they've had.

The fact he's within even 10 points of us should involve vast praise for him and dire criticism of our man.

Isn't that a reflection of how bad Roberto's been more than how good Howe has been ?

Yes he has done well but you could argue that the expectations of him were not high to begin with and the fact he has avoided relegation is to his credit but I'm not sure what his like when the pressure is on and when expectations are high.

But your point is just another strong argument that change is needed and hopefully we do not start with Roberto next season but with someone with a pragmatic view to defending rather then dismissive that the incumbent seems to portray.

Getting a winner with a proven record of success in the premier league who isn't a complete knob is really really hard isn't it? And this needs to be addressed before you sack Martinez. Lots of folks think no one can be worse than Martinez but they can be.

Last edited:
Frank De Boer for me, I reckon he could be a good manager for us. Think my second choice is Howe, although I'm not sure he's 'big enough' for us. Especially with the club moving forward would he be the right man for the job. Obviously most would like a big name like Mourinho however not sure that would happen.

Howe has two promotions under his belt and I would take him over Flores for sure. But seriously doubt Howe would jump ship for any job apart from the England one in the future.

Getting a winner with a proven record of success who isn't a complete knob is really really hard isn't it? And this needs to be addressed before you sack Martinez. Lots of folks think no one can worse than Martinez but they can be.

Hahaha, am not too bothered about they being a bit of a knob to be honest - I'd rather have the arrogance of a winner right now then not. Most great managers have an arrogance about them, even "one of the nicest men in football" Ancelotti has a massive arrogant side.

Lets just have someone who is a winner, in management or as a player someone who will command respect - worry about them acting a knob after that.

Please not Howe - not right time and we have been there and done it with up comers.

Nice bloke, speaks well - but i don't want him at the club.

I would take Howe personally but he loves Bournemouth would he even want to leave?

Believe he's an Evertonian, so I imagine he would.

Isn't that a reflection of how bad Roberto's been more than how good Howe has been ?

Yes he has done well but you could argue that the expectations of him were not high to begin with and the fact he has avoided relegation is to his credit but I'm not sure what his like when the pressure is on and when expectations are high.

But your point is just another strong argument that change is needed and hopefully we do not start with Roberto next season but with someone with a pragmatic view to defending rather then dismissive that the incumbent seems to portray.

I think it's both rather than one or the other. They've got an average squad and he's got them so comfortable that relegation isn't even a worry.

As I say, I'd prefer a proven winner, but I'd certainly give Howe at least an interview.

I appreciate that Cocu and Simeone look good in suits as does Flores (we all have thought it!) but I think Klinsmann is the man.

Managed Bayern with a great record for his first job, managed in a World Cup more than once, achieved a lot with the USA and set Germany and Bayern on the path to future glories with his emphasis on youth and modern ideas. Let's make him an Evertonian Moshiri? He has played in the Premier League and I don't think he would be averse to managing a club with a billionaire owner with the players we have currently.

Could be a brilliant appointment. People are asking for a winner here is one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jürgen_Klinsmann

Look at his managerial statistics at the bottom of the section 'career statistics'. Rivals anybody.

my question with him is why is he managing the USA and not a top league side?

Believe he's an Evertonian, so I imagine he would.

I think it's both rather than one or the other. They've got an average squad and he's got them so comfortable that relegation isn't even a worry.

As I say, I'd prefer a proven winner, but I'd certainly give Howe at least an interview.

If that is true, then HOWE IN.

Just Googled it.

Eddie Howe is the answer staring us all in the face.

I've changed my vote to Howe and take back all shouts for Cocu, Klinsmann and Mourinho.

People just want us to make a statement is all. We've done the "up and comer" in Martinez. I want us to get a top European name.

If that is true, then HOWE IN.

Just Googled it.

Eddie Howe is the answer staring us all in the face.

It is true...

“One of the very first games I remember watching was the Cup Final when Everton beat Watford in 1984 and it left a huge impression on me,” he added. “From that moment on I was a real diehard Everton fan. I used to travel and watch the games in London and Southampton and turned into a big fan. I still look out for their results.

“As a kid I always wanted to see Everton beat Liverpool, but this will be a case of Bournemouth trying to beat them rather than seeing it from an Everton perspective.”

However, so was Nugent, Trundle and a massive bunch of other people who we should have, and rightly did, steered clear of. Nice bloke, always speaks well - but just don't want him as EFC manager.

People just want us to make a statement is all. We've done the "up and comer" in Martinez. I want us to get a top European name.

I keep saying I want a proven one too, but I appreciate the good job Howe has done at Bournemouth and find people dismissing him out of hand as ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back