Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only go off what ive seen and watched. But do you think he will cause too much uproar?

He'd turn Barry in too a centre back and play Kev and Lennon as wing backs.
We might not be that great at defending under Bobby but we'd be far worse under Bielsa.
It would be fun to watch though.

Do you have any more excuses as to why Everton can't compete with the likes of Newcastle? Maybe Newcastle have a closer proximity to London or something? If Newcastle can employ the 8th highest paid manager in football, then so can Everton. And Everton's transfer budget is far from miniscule.

I agree that you would have to rate Benitez as a top manager, also, Benitez was out of work, and I don't know the ins and outs of Benitez's contract with Newcastle, but we do know he was offered a wad of cash, and a big bonus if he kept Newcastle up, I bet if they go down there will be a clause allowing Benitez to get out (EDIT:just found out he does have a release clause) so it's a win win for him, and that's why he took the job on. IMO, even if he keeps Newcastle up, and they offer him a 3/5 year contract on top, top wages he will be gone at the end of the season because he knows he can go to a top club in the champions league.

Last edited:

people calling for Howe are being stupid.

If we get rid of Bobby, go get a 'proven' manager.

Garcia, Flores, Koeman, De Boer, Cocu.

Only two have managed in the Prem which would be my worry, but that's the calibre we need to be aiming for.

Cocu and De boer proven? Cocu has had one job and De boer has coached Ajax and Ajax reserves. If you want someone proven then surely someone who has had more than one job?

Anyone who is calling for Benitez should read this article and consider if we want a manager like this and want to turn Everton into a club like that

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...el-exception-Steven-Gerrard-time-Benitez.html

I am specifically talking about the 'does Steven like money?' reference

Cocu and De boer proven? Cocu has had one job and De boer has coached Ajax and Ajax reserves. If you want someone proven then surely someone who has had more than one job?

He's a big name though mate and they're proven in the CL - Cocu did brilliantly to get PSV as far they did.

My choice would be Flores or Koeman, though there's very little evidence they would come, mind. Garcia has done pretty well wherever he's been but never seems to be there more than three years.

Flores has a much better pedigree than RM.

Won things at Valencia and did well with Atletico.

I think he would be a good choice - and one i've been mentioning all season.

People are saying Mourinho doesn't stay long but look at Flores. He has also managed 2 teams in the UAE at a young age you have to question if he is a suitable candidate and what motivates him. I don't think he is suitable at all. Never going to happen thankfully.

People are saying Mourinho doesn't stay long but look at Flores. He has also managed 2 teams in the UAE at a young age you have to question if he is a suitable candidate and what motivates him. I don't think he is suitable at all. Never going to happen thankfully.

He's 51. Not really young.

Flores is much more realistic than Mourinho.

He's done very well with Watford this season and plays an attractive style of football (which would suit us more as it is a bit quicker than RM's style so players like Barks, Coleman etc would flourish even more you feel), and - overall - has the same principles that RM does.

But he puts a lot more emphasis on defence than Martinez does and that's really what we need.

He also has worked at enough big clubs and is very well respected by people in football. As proved by bringing someone of the like of Mario Suarez to Watford.

He's 51. Not really young.

Flores is much more realistic than Mourinho.

He's done very well with Watford this season and plays an attractive style of football (which would suit us more as it is a bit quicker than RM's style so players like Barks, Coleman etc would flourish even more you feel), and - overall - has the same principles that RM does.

But he puts a lot more emphasis on defence than Martinez does and that's really what we need.

He also has worked at enough big clubs and is very well respected by people in football. As proved by bringing someone of the like of Mario Suarez to Watford.

He has managed 5 clubs in the past 7 years, including 6 weeks at Getafe. As they say, swerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back