Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather it be with this new one than a recycled bottler who never won F all in 11 years, but was given the longest rope because he was safe.

Shame our fans turned on Martinez immediately after he drew his first three games in charge...even though overall they got behind him in that first season there was always an air of waiting for the worst. When it happened in Martinez's 2nd season the negativity was off the charts...something Moyes never faced in 11 years even though he had loads of crap starts and never won a goddamn thing. Massive double standard with our fans overrating the expectations of key players who are just learning the Premier League.

We don't deserve good things...we will piss and moan about them too.
Were you at the 0-4 mauling by WBA during Moyes tenure? Were you had the countless gutless losses to the RS?

Eddie Howe would be motivated by Everton, is unoffically an Evertonian and is the perfect candidate to replace Martinez.

I did not see this before but I do hope those who are rubbishing Eddie Howe as a potential replacement for RM, join me in this view.

The fact he got so many votes says something.
Perfect how?

So to sum up; not only does it seem we have no Idea literally, we also seem to have no Idea figuratively.

anybody been able to find a Moyes replacement thread from 2013

Edit; Answers own question,

Pereira 37%
Laudrup 25%
Martinez 13.8 %

Then Lennon, Malacky, and other worse rubbish with 3-ish%

Last edited:
Eddie Howe would be motivated by Everton, is unoffically an Evertonian and is the perfect candidate to replace Martinez.

I did not see this before but I do hope those who are rubbishing Eddie Howe as a potential replacement for RM, join me in this view.

It's he ready for a massive job like Everton?

It's he ready for a massive job like Everton?
I personally think we need a proven manager now. Gone is the time we went for the up and coming young man. We need someone with a decent track record.

I'm not rubbishing Eddie Howe, and perhaps once is career has progressed a bit he may manage his boyhood blues in future, but for now I don't think he's the man.

Rather it be with this new one than a recycled bottler who never won F all in 11 years, but was given the longest rope because he was safe.

Shame our fans turned on Martinez immediately after he drew his first three games in charge...even though overall they got behind him in that first season there was always an air of waiting for the worst. When it happened in Martinez's 2nd season the negativity was off the charts...something Moyes never faced in 11 years even though he had loads of crap starts and never won a goddamn thing. Massive double standard with our fans overrating the expectations of key players who are just learning the Premier League.

We don't deserve good things...we will piss and moan about them too.
Spot on mate. There's the terrible stink of bullying about all this. A lynch mob mentality. And for what? Three seasons in which our manager has provided our best ever PL total; taken us to the latter stages of two cups; has us playing some great football; assembled a squad of steadily improving quality in depth.

...the same people hounding Roberto are largely the same people who supported for 11 years the crushingly unsuccessful hoofball served up by the dullard Moyes. Double standards.

They wont get away with it. They wont get their way.

Hibbert 20/1
Gary Neville 11/1?

Paddy Power havent a clue. Pep is on the list but not Mourinho. So Luis Enrique and Guardiola are more likely than Mourinho? LOL Gerrard? He cant even manage his wife the sl*g. Moyes is going to Villa - that is his level. Big club in the championship.

Why can't we get Mourinho? I have a feeling LVG wont get sacked!
If he doesn't go to ManU, who else can he go to? Blanc has signed a new deal at PSG, Juve maybe?
"There is £100m Jose - go and sign us the 4 players we need. Timo Horn, Howedes, Witsel & Yarmelenko".
We will never pay him potentially £20M a year like Manu have offered as we don't have silly money to throw around and he wouldn't 'step down' to take us.

Simple as, pointless even dreaming he'd come or that we could afford him.

Much less experiance than Martinez, got lucky with a promotion on the back of a huge cash injection.
His transfer record is baffling, look at how much he has spent on utter dross.

Big swerve for me, can't see why anyone who is trying to replace Martinez with 'someone better' would even contemplated such a downgrade.

I've said previously we need a proven winner. I've nothing against Eddie Howe, but if he's being mentioned, why not Kevin Sheedy?

He's doing a good job with the youth.

Because Sheedy has never been a full manager of a club, let alone one in the premier league.

Much less experiance than Martinez, got lucky with a promotion on the back of a huge cash injection.
His transfer record is baffling, look at how much he has spent on utter dross.

Big swerve for me, can't see why anyone who is trying to replace Martinez with 'someone better' would even contemplated such a downgrade.

His transfer record...

He bought two big signings for Bournemouth who then got injured by the opposition instantly. They started to come back from injury and surprise, Bournemouth creep up the table slightly and are now not going to get relegated and could even finish above us. This coming from a team that were favourites to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back