Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes never faced in 11 years even though he had loads of crap starts

Which were almost invariably followed by title contending form, post-Christmas - once he pulled his finger out.

Want another 8 seasons of what we've had from martinez - 'cos I don't. No improvement, only regression.

His transfer record...

He bought two big signings for Bournemouth who then got injured by the opposition instantly. They started to come back from injury and surprise, Bournemouth creep up the table slightly and are now not going to get relegated and could even finish above us. This coming from a team that were favourites to go down.
Grabben? Mings? Big signings for them but neither are of Premier Quality
Keeping a team up for one season is not the sort of qualification we'd actually be looking for in a Manager it proves very little, it's not want the Martinez haters are demanding (someone who can take us further). Plenty of managers can keep a team up for a season, especially when some bigger teams have desperately imploded and the league is a car crash with Leicester being the only consistent team in it.

Close proximity to the Isle of Wight does not constitute European Experience and it certainly doesn't constitute a manager that could make the difference between upper mid table and qualifying for Europe.

It would be a cheap punt from a desperate board.

Grabben? Mings? Big signings for them but neither are of Premier Quality
Keeping a team up for one season is not the sort of qualification we'd actually be looking for in a Manager it proves very little, it's not want the Martinez haters are demanding (someone who can take us further). Plenty of managers can keep a team up for a season, especially when some bigger teams have desperately imploded and the league is a car crash with Leicester being the only consistent team in it.

Close proximity to the Isle of Wight does not constitute European Experience and it certainly doesn't constitute a manager that could make the difference between upper mid table and qualifying for Europe.

It would be a cheap punt from a desperate board.

Your point was he got lucky on promotion and spunked his budget on rubbish. I proved otherwise. At no point did I mention him him being a good manager for us.

Eddie Howe is a good man and a good a manager for certain teams.

For a team like Everton? With what we are all hoping is a new dawn for us starting in the summer? Absolutely not.

Perfect how?

I could see his calm and youthful vibe inspiring the likes of Stones and Barkley to achieve greater things.

He is perfect in every way.

Aye. I'm just concerned that we're aiming too low by suggesting Howe.

Eddie Howe is an unusually young manager. He has managed two successive promotions and was a defender, something that makes him attractive.

Being an evertonian means he needs no schooling in the size of the club and the desire of the fans.

His name may not be exotic like De Boer or Cocu or Jon Bon Jovi but why should that count against him.

He has common sense, he trains the players well and everybody in football likes him.

He would only leave Bournemouth for Everton and he would only leave Everton for England.

He is British and that is always something that attracts me in this day and age of short-termism, he understands the industry, look how well he has done he is absolutely the best candidate for the job.

I could see him inspiring our players and that is a good thing. With better players and a bigger club, a bigger fanbase, who knows what he could achieve.

We are talking about someone who has stood in the stands supporting Everton.

We need somebody who would relish the chance to manage Everton.

If the rest of our season is a disaster (and I hope it isn't), I hope Moshiri sees the potential in appointing Eddie Howe.

I've said previously we need a proven winner. I've nothing against Eddie Howe, but if he's being mentioned, why not Kevin Sheedy?

He's doing a good job with the youth.

Jose Mourinho is a proven winner but many complained about aspects of his management style !

I like the way you nominated Kevin Sheedy because Everton is that sort of Club.

I could see his calm and youthful vibe inspiring the likes of Stones and Barkley to achieve greater things.

Eddie Howe is an unusually young manager. He has managed two successive promotions and was a defender, something that makes him attractive.

Being an evertonian means he needs no schooling in the size of the club and the desire of the fans.

His name may not be exotic like De Boer or Cocu or Jon Bon Jovi but why should that count against him.

He has common sense, he trains the players well and everybody in football likes him.

He would only leave Bournemouth for Everton and he would only leave Everton for England.

He is British and that is always something that attracts me in this day and age of short-termism, he understands the industry, look how well he has done he is absolutely the best candidate for the job.

I could see him inspiring our players and that is a good thing. With better players and a bigger club, a bigger fanbase, who knows what he could achieve.

If the rest of our season is a disaster (and I hope it isn't), I hope Moshiri sees the potential in appointing Eddie Howe.
But with the clamour of those stating Martinez isnt good enough, what tangible proof do you have that Howe is a winner? He flaked at Burnley remember.

He's nowhere near the level of RM imo

I admire Eddie Howe & his achievements thus far. I reckon he could do at least as good a job as martinez, but I just think he's a bit too 'low-key' to attract top talent.

You've stated he was a defender as being attractive. Wasn't exactly a great one mate.

I admire Eddie Howe & his achievements thus far. I reckon he could do at least as good a job as martinez, but I just think he's a bit too 'low-key' to attract top talent.
I like Eddie Howe and respect the work he has done at Bournemouth. However you make a good point, would he attract the players to take us to the next level? I've no doubt he would get the players currently at the club performing better than they currently are, but a bigger, higher profile manager, with money to spend would see us attract higher quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back