Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just see Moyes interviewing well
'I know this club backwards, I built it after all. I don't like to say it but my clubs in a precarious state from when l left. The next candidate really needs to understand the Premier League, I'd hate to see what happened to villa happen here. That won't happen if I'm manager. Ask the players, I've taken soundings, they'd all love me back. The fans understandably didn't like my going to United I inderstand that, it's nothing that a few wins won't heal though'

I have to retain the MG copyright.

The only reason I didnt change to MumesGoat is the fact that the word Mum is in the name, spongebob melon head would never have let me have that without abuse.

I like to pretend RFUS is an acronym for something else.

Answers on a postcard please.

Again, there is absolutely no guarantee Moyes would take us into the top ten.

Making the top ten was less difficult when he was here before......outside of six teams we never had to worry much about what was behind us.....mostly yo yo clubs on the EPL/Championship elevator.

Now there are clubs like Leicester.....league champions....Hammers and Saints....Stoke and Swansea.

Those clubs are now well established in the EPL and are geared toward top half finishes these days.

If Rafael gets a tune at the Toon they will be capable of finishing in the top half season after next.

Just say NO to Moyes.

Not only is he unlikely to take us forward, his steady Eddie keep us "best of the rest" policy will not wash no moah.

But my head is going to explode soon because I am convincing myself with each passing day that the bugger is now one of the leading candidates for our vacancy and it is bringing home to me how much I came to dislike him in his latter years here and how much I have come to loathe him since he left us.
Was it? Why?

Leicester have just won the league with Wes Morgan, Andy King, Robert Huth, Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton. Southampton finished in the top 6 with Shane Long up front and players like Yoshida, Davis and Fonte key members of the team. All those mentioned are average journeymen, most of them have spent half their careers outside the top flight, and yet they all finished in this year's top 6.

Yes some clubs have signed the odd marquee player, but they always have. West Ham have signed Payet, wow! But they used to have Tevez and Mascherano, and before that Di Canio. And the majority of their squad is still made up of the likes of James Collins, Mark Noble and Aaron Cresswell. Stoke have signed Shaqiri and Bojan, but what have they actually done? They're the sort of names loved by FIFA and Football Manager players, but in reality both their careers have been massively underwhelming. I'd say it was actually a bigger statement when they signed Crouch years ago, when he was still a regular for England.

We shouldn't get Moyes back simply because there are better managers out there, but I see no reason to believe that it's harder to get into the top 6-8 than it used to be. If anything, the huge drop in the quality of the squads of the top teams has made it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back