Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton considering move for Braga coach Paulo Fonseca - source
i

Paulo Fonseca led Braga to their first Portuguese Cup in 50 years this month.
Braga coach Paulo Fonseca has emerged as a target for Everton, a source close to the Portuguese club has told ESPN FC.

Everton are considering a number of options to replace Roberto Martinez and Fonseca has now come onto the club's radar.

A source close to Braga have told ESPN FC that Everton officials watched last weekend's Portuguese Cup final win over Porto and are considering making a move.

The 43-year-old, who guided Pacos Ferreira to a surprise third-place finish in the Primeira Liga in 2013, is regarded as one of the best young managers in Portugal.

Fonseca's work at Pacos brought a move to then-champions Porto, but after selling a number of key players in his first season the club found themselves off the pace and he was sacked in March 2014.

He returned to Pacos and rebuilt his reputation before joining Braga last summer and guided them to their first Portuguese Cup success in 50 years with victory over Porto.

Fonseca also guided Braga to fourth spot in the league this season as well as to the quarterfinals of the Europa League.

Sources had previously told ESPN FC that Everton were considering a number of options to replace Martinez, including former Ajax boss Frank de Boer, Southampton's Ronald Koeman and Manuel Pellegrini, while David Moyes has said he would consider a return.

Unai Emery had also emerged as a strong candidate for the role but Sevilla president Jose Castro said this week that the Spaniard will stay with the Europa League winners.

Its poor if we can't attract a manager from lowly Southampton. Small, friendly, non offensive, never win anything also ran club on the south-coast and we target their manager and get told 'no thanks.'

Disappointing that is.

Emery is the only candidate worth getting excited about.

Someone has blagged it mate, the original person to post the picture is a villa fan,

No mate it's the other way round. A Villa fans copied the Everton fans tweet, loadsof Villa fans jumping on it saying his pic doesn't match the photo

Edit. I think so anyway. If it is a fellow blue on the wind up he's a tool. Don't get why our fans do stuff like that to wind their own kind up.

Maybe its my memory, but i cannot for the life of me remember last time there being no clear candidate. It seemed we where linked with a load of rubbish, then Martinez and from then on it was just Martinez who then signed.

Right now its like pick a name out of 10 and see which ones sticks! Every day seems like there is a different front runner.

Just hope we make some headway and get someone right appointed soon. Preferably not going to Moyes, never works going back...!

Giggs not just rumours contact been made but with not being experienced enough putting club off. With De Boer having experience club favouring him. Also Lukaku forcing Chelsea move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back