Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collapsed is a little dramatic - there was mutual interest but ultimately Koeman has sights on bigger things 12 months down the line. There were never any guarantees.

Similarly with Emery, he's expressed interest in managing in the PL, he'll have by now had the full Moshiri pitch which is a highly attractive one but it's down to him. His people are meeting the club today so there's clearly interest.I believe he has a buy out clause in his contract so if he wants to come to us the process should be relatively simple.

But there are no guarantees, there never are.
Oh I'm excited again. Can only wash these trousers so many times.

I know this is a long shot mate - have the club, obviously that you know of, put any sort of deadline for this to be concluded? Rather then waiting around for managers?

No mate, I suspect it would be counter productive to do so also. You never impose conditions in a negotiation that have no real value.

We are less than 2 weeks into a highly competitive process. Safe to say that the process is more efficient than we would have in the past.

Whoever said this reminds them of 1997 must have read my mind. Loads of exciting names mentioned....then they fall away one-by-one and you're left with Kendall 3.

For all the talk of Moshiri's project........still Everton.

Collapsed is a little dramatic - there was mutual interest but ultimately Koeman has sights on bigger things 12 months down the line. There were never any guarantees.

Similarly with Emery, he's expressed interest in managing in the PL, he'll have by now had the full Moshiri pitch which is a highly attractive one but it's down to him. His people are meeting the club today so there's clearly interest.I believe he has a buy out clause in his contract so if he wants to come to us the process should be relatively simple.

But there are no guarantees, there never are.
Emery the most likely for you at this point?

Its poor if we can't attract a manager from lowly Southampton. Small, friendly, non offensive, never win anything also ran club on the south-coast and we target their manager and get told 'no thanks.'

On the face of it I agree but if Koeman is looking at Arse/Barca then it's a different spin on it. We don't, rightly, use contract clauses in the main and if Koeman is looking at us as a stepping stone frankly I don't want him. Maybe he is keen but with a clause we cannot agree to? We'll never know the details as such.

Here's a new rumour ....

Braga coach Paulo Fonseca has emerged as a target for Everton, a source close to the Portuguese club has told ESPN FC.

Everton are considering a number of options to replace Roberto Martinez and Fonseca has now come onto the club's radar.

A source close to Braga have told ESPN FC that Everton officials watched last weekend's Portuguese Cup final win over Porto and are considering making a move.

The 43-year-old, who guided Pacos Ferreira to a surprise third-place finish in the Primeira Liga in 2013, is regarded as one of the best young managers in Euroupe.

Not sure exactly when Koeman indicated he was staying but it was after the reported and videoed comments. He was first choice. It's an ongoing process though including Emery.

I might be reading this wrong but this tells me that there is another under contract manager we are talking to, hence the 'including Emery,' line.

image.webp

Ha ha Er Yearh ok David

No mate, I suspect it would be counter productive to do so also. You never impose conditions in a negotiation that have no real value.

We are less than 2 weeks into a highly competitive process. Safe to say that the process is more efficient than we would have in the past.

Fair comment, from the outside it looks like we are spreading the net quite far in comparison to previous recruitment. Lots of potential managers rather then going all out after a preferred candidate.

Just wondering what we are waiting for, specially after Favre saying he got tired of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back