Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair comment, from the outside it looks like we are spreading the net quite far in comparison to previous recruitment. Lots of potential managers rather then going all out after a preferred candidate.

Just wondering what we are waiting for, specially after Favre saying he got tired of waiting.
That part bothers me. THink Favre would have done spectacularly here with the way his teams set up.

Maybe its my memory, but i cannot for the life of me remember last time there being no clear candidate. It seemed we where linked with a load of rubbish, then Martinez and from then on it was just Martinez who then signed.

Right now its like pick a name out of 10 and see which ones sticks! Every day seems like there is a different front runner.

Just hope we make some headway and get someone right appointed soon. Preferably not going to Moyes, never works going back...!
I wouldn't worry, mate. The internet rumours are not coming from the people who'll pick the new manager.

They're not the ones who've been throwing all these names around.

Emery meeting shows how attractive Moshy has made us

That's the way I look at it. Unsworth can give an honest inside track away from Bill. Moyes likewise is a mine of information about how the Club has been run for over a decade (caveat I DO NOT WANT MOYES!).

The process looks fine to me, interview as many candidates and gather as many viewpoints as you can get then make decisions. I'm not worried at all.

Fair comment, from the outside it looks like we are spreading the net quite far in comparison to previous recruitment. Lots of potential managers rather then going all out after a preferred candidate.

Just wondering what we are waiting for, specially after Favre saying he got tired of waiting.

That reads to me a Everton showed a bit on an interest, maybe through his reps, but he wasn't on the high list of priorities.

And we're probably waiting for the right candidate. This is like the Bobby sacking, people expect it to be done asap, sit back and enjoy the ride.

All hail the MOSH

I wouldn't worry, mate. The internet rumours are not coming from the people who'll pick the new manager.

They're not the ones who've been throwing all these names around.

While i do agree with that, it does seem apparent that we where employing consultants to go through the process with us, and approach managers wider then the next of the initial 5 candidate (i think it was) brought up by the board.

I don't doubt we have interviewed more managers then we even know about, the fact Unsworth apparently got interviewed too shows that, whether he had a chance of it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back