Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No mate it's the other way round. A Villa fans copied the Everton fans tweet, loadsof Villa fans jumping on it saying his pic doesn't match the photo

Edit. I think so anyway. If it is a fellow blue on the wind up he's a tool. Don't get why our fans do stuff like that to wind their own kind up.

his tweet name has 1878 - that's a clue.

Maybe its my memory, but i cannot for the life of me remember last time there being no clear candidate. It seemed we where linked with a load of rubbish, then Martinez and from then on it was just Martinez who then signed.

Right now its like pick a name out of 10 and see which ones sticks! Every day seems like there is a different front runner.

Just hope we make some headway and get someone right appointed soon. Preferably not going to Moyes, never works going back...!
That's my worry and why I fear Moyes might end up with the job by default.

My worry is that it doesn't matter how ambitious our plans and how high-profile our targets... if we ultimately can't get them over the line we will end up scrapping the barrel.

I accept Koeman was our first choice but took from the tone of your posts that behind the scenes things were moving and everyone was optimistic about our chances of landing him. That would now appear to have collapsed... so even if the next name on the list in one we would all universally accept... who is to say he'll agree to the move. Do you have any idea how far along it is?

Collapsed is a little dramatic - there was mutual interest but ultimately Koeman has sights on bigger things 12 months down the line. There were never any guarantees.

Similarly with Emery, he's expressed interest in managing in the PL, he'll have by now had the full Moshiri pitch which is a highly attractive one but it's down to him. His people are meeting the club today so there's clearly interest.I believe he has a buy out clause in his contract so if he wants to come to us the process should be relatively simple.

But there are no guarantees, there never are.

That's my worry and why I fear Moyes might end up with the job by default.

I just don't know if its the new approach, the rumours recruitment company involved, or just we have waited so long for Mourinho that its kinda knocked everything a little.

We are definitely waiting for something, Favre practically said so in his interview. Just don't know what.

Right now, it could be one of 20 different managers that are being linked left right and centre

I think now is the ideal time for Emery to leave Sevilla. He leaves them in great shape, in the Champions League and on the back of 3 straight Europa League wins. I think he's hit the ceiling of what he can achieve there, doesn't have the resources to seriously challenge the top 3. He may be conscious of staying too long and letting his stock fall.

Or is that wishful thinking?...
He's in the top 5 rated managers in the world. If Koeman is waiting for a better job then I'm pretty sure Emery would be too. However maybe Koeman was just a smokescreen.

We need a new list asap

maxresdefault.jpg

Collapsed is a little dramatic - there was mutual interest but ultimately Koeman has sights on bigger things 12 months down the line. There were never any guarantees.

Similarly with Emery, he's expressed interest in managing in the PL, he'll have by now had the full Moshiri pitch which is a highly attractive one but it's down to him. His people are meeting the club today so there's clearly interest.I believe he has a buy out clause in his contract so if he wants to come to us the process should be relatively simple.

I know this is a long shot mate - have the club, obviously that you know of, put any sort of deadline for this to be concluded? Rather then waiting around for managers?

How on earth would you know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back