Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread that's going to look absolutely daft when we reach the final on April 23rd with either Palace or Watford standing in front of us.

Tick tock.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for us winning every single game from this point on. I'd be delighted to admit I'm wrong and Martinez is the right man to lead us forward.

I am right to say we had 7 wins in a row during his first season? I just can't stop thinking what went wrong?
For me? The 2nd season the players that were not good enough for the starting 11 in his first season, and only had a squad role, started to get far too much game time.
It was the beginning of the decline. The rest as they say is history since then.

For me? The 2nd season the players that were not good enough for the starting 11 in his first season, and only had a squad role, started to get far too much game time.
It was the beginning of the decline. The rest as they say is history since then.

I am happy to give him one last chance until the first 1/4 of next season and see who he can bring in (his signings have been mostly good) and if things still don't improve then he has to go. I also think a lot of us over rate our players. I really would like to see him do well as he seems a genuinely nice guy who has passion for the club and fans. I think if he wasn't as nice he would be gone by now.

I will also mention how people state his Wigan record, with the squad he had it was a miracle he kept them in the Premier League for so long to be fair.

I am happy to give him one last chance until the first 1/4 of next season and see who he can bring in (his signings have been mostly good) and if things still don't improve then he has to go. I also think a lot of us over rate our players. I really would like to see him do well as he seems a genuinely nice guy who has passion for the club and fans. I think if he wasn't as nice he would be gone by now.
Absolutely correct. Thankfully I am not one of them :)

All his Wigan mates he brought with him are not good enough to take us to the top for me.
Lukaku and Deulofeu have made his transfer dealings look a lot better than most think. Besic can play, but needs to stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back