Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Manuel Pellegrini?

Interesting that he has said he would be willing to work at a club in England without European football if it's the "right project".

Whilst I would rather Hiddink/Mancini/Koeman for me he's a much better manager than Martinez. He broke the record for most PL goals scored in a single season the year they pipped the kopites to the title. He's been poor this season but you have to wonder if its been common knowledge that Guardiola was incoming for a while now, and what effect that would have on him/the players.

Thoughts on Manuel Pellegrini?
Pretty dull and uninspiring for me.

Man city should have walked this league with the squad he's had at his disposal but his over reliance on Aguero and not signing a world class back up striker has probably not helped them.

Someone a bit younger and more dynamic would be good for us.

Can't understand it myself. How anyone could see him as an upgrade to Martinez I'll never know.
When you think of all the managers who've been flavour of the month having won promotion, looked quite good for a season and then disappeared back into obscurity when they sink like a stone in their second season, it would be madness.

Its utterly amazing, the same with the Keoman shouts, hes done NOTHING.

Interesting that he has said he would be willing to work at a club in England without European football if it's the "right project".

Whilst I would rather Hiddink/Mancini/Koeman for me he's a much better manager than Martinez. He broke the record for most PL goals scored in a single season the year they pipped the kopites to the title. He's been poor this season but you have to wonder if its been common knowledge that Guardiola was incoming for a while now, and what effect that would have on him/the players.
Sounds suspiciously like bobs first season. They get found out. I want a winner in charge. It could cost us a wedge but our players this season looked lost... Alone. Bob won't change so we need to. I would like to try a certain Thomas touchel...my phone is playing up..... That lad can play and by all accounts knows how to play. Yes please... Big toms my man x

Sounds suspiciously like bobs first season. They get found out. I want a winner in charge. It could cost us a wedge but our players this season looked lost... Alone. Bob won't change so we need to. I would like to try a certain Thomas touchel...my phone is playing up..... That lad can play and by all accounts knows how to play. Yes please... Big toms my man x

Tuchel would be ace but our problem is how can we attract the top managers out of their jobs at big clubs when we have no European football to offer?

I would go for Hiddink as number one choice as I think hes a top manager and comes across as a likeable guy. Failing that Mancini or Biesla. If Southampton miss out on Europe then Koeman would be worth a look at with the promise of big money to spend.

Sadly I think that ship has sailed.

I think we could offer him more money but whether he'd leave Dortmund is highly doubtful.

I think bigger things may be on the horizon for him but we can dream eh!

The words "Eddie" and "Howe" are not in any solution to a problem we have.

The feller comes across like he was grown in a test tube with 'professional football manager' on the label. Utterly devoid of all character as fas as I can discern.
Whom would you like Davek? If Martinez was relieved of his post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back