Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd take Pellegrini based more on what he achieved in Spain than what he's done with City.

Also Lucien Favre...the way he left Gladbach was weird but would be an ideal candidate apart from that perhaps.

Please don't avoid the swear filter
By the time we get spanked at anfield and made a mockery of in the cup semi, I think most of us on here will be happy just to see a fresh non bull shi##ing face spouting absolute guff week after week.

Pellegrini shouts everywhere I look at the moment, I mean he's certainly better than Martinez but I'm not wholly convinced. His time in Spain was very impressive but he's not set the world alight at City, particularly this year. Looks like the only manager of quality who will be available though, he'll definitely do for me.

Pellegrini shouts everywhere I look at the moment, I mean he's certainly better than Martinez but I'm not wholly convinced. His time in Spain was very impressive but he's not set the world alight at City, particularly this year. Looks like the only manager of quality who will be available though, he'll definitely do for me.

When you look at what he said about "being willing to take a project on in the Premier League and it's not just about the money" ( i'm paraphrasing ) , you have to wonder where he might be thinking of :-

• Leicester - no. Ranieri's got that covered
  • Tottenham - No. Manager's safe as houses and not a project anyway
  • Arsenal - No - not a project
  • Citeh - Plainly not
  • West Ham - Kind of fits "a project", but Bilic's in control
  • United - Not a project
  • Soton - similar to West Ham, but substitute Koeman for Bilic
  • Liverpool - If Klopp hadn't been recently appointed I could see that, but not now
  • Chelsea - not a project
  • West Brom - not enough ambition there, they'll be happy with Pulis
  • Bournemouth - Can't see them shifting Howe out
  • Watford - A possibility, but not very likely
  • Swansea - might have legs
  • Palace - Can't honestly see it
  • Norwich - See Palace
  • Sland, Newcastle and Villa - Err, no.
  • Promoted teams - Seems very unlikely
So, if it's not just words, it's us or Swansea. I'd say if Pellegrini is managing a Premier League club next season it'll be us. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd been sounded out about that possibility.

When you look at what he said about "being willing to take a project on in the Premier League and it's not just about the money" ( i'm paraphrasing ) , you have to wonder where he might be thinking of :-

• Leicester - no. Ranieri's got that covered
  • Tottenham - No. Manager's safe as houses and not a project anyway
  • Arsenal - No - not a project
  • Citeh - Plainly not
  • West Ham - Kind of fits "a project", but Bilic's in control
  • United - Not a project
  • Soton - similar to West Ham, but substitute Koeman for Bilic
  • Liverpool - If Klopp hadn't been recently appointed I could see that, but not now
  • Chelsea - not a project
  • West Brom - not enough ambition there, they'll be happy with Pulis
  • Bournemouth - Can't see them shifting Howe out
  • Watford - A possibility, but not very likely
  • Swansea - might have legs
  • Palace - Can't honestly see it
  • Norwich - See Palace
  • Sland, Newcastle and Villa - Err, no.
  • Promoted teams - Seems very unlikely
So, if it's not just words, it's us or Swansea. I'd say if Pellegrini is managing a Premier League club next season it'll be us. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd been sounded out about that possibility.

I think he'll go back home mate. His family have always remained in Chile whilst he's been here and I recall him saying after City, that he would be calling it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back