Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off to bed, but I don't see how we could be turning our noses up at Pellegrini? He has a great record for getting clubs into the Champions League, progressing within the Champions League, and also won a lot of trophies. OK City are not in the title race this season, but they have won a cup and are doing well in the CL. Not exactly a disaster imo.

If there's even better options than Pellegrini out there, that we are capable of attracting, then fair enough. But I think attracting Pellegrini is actually within the realms of possibility. I'm not saying these other names are impossible to attract, but they seem a lot more far fetched than attracting Pellegrini from down the M62.

They were 3 points off the top before the Guardiola announcement. Incredible people dismissing Pellegrini outright given the man we have in charge currently!

He'd be great, but Dortmund are better than any Premier League side. Why would he leave them?

Bayern will win the league every season. The best he could hope for would be to improve Mainz after Klopp and then Dortmund + then hes showcased what he can do.

Next step would be to smash liverpool in europe and come to us as the new messiah.

Huge salary and a pot of transfer money with some top players to build upon....no brainer.

If Martinez was to go then Tuchel would have to be first choice...would be nice to see him decimate Klopp.

I'm off to bed, but I don't see how we could be turning our noses up at Pellegrini? He has a great record for getting clubs into the Champions League, progressing within the Champions League, and also won a lot of trophies. OK City are not in the title race this season, but they have won a cup and are doing well in the CL. Not exactly a disaster imo.

If there's even better options than Pellegrini out there, that we are capable of attracting, then fair enough. But I think attracting Pellegrini is actually within the realms of possibility. I'm not saying these other names are impossible to attract, but they seem a lot more far fetched than attracting Pellegrini from down the M62.
A lot of the critique of bobby can be levelled at pellegrini

Bayern will win the league every season. The best he could hope for would be to improve Mainz after Klopp and then Dortmund + then hes showcased what he can do.

Next step would be to smash liverpool in europe and come to us as the new messiah.

Huge salary and a pot of transfer money with some top players to build upon....no brainer.

If Martinez was to go then Tuchel would have to be first choice...would be nice to see him decimate Klopp.

He had his first training session on 29 June 2015. His first pre–season match finished in a 17–0 win against a team of German Olympians on 4 July 2015.

Tuchel IN.

City aren't getting rid of Pellegrini because he is a cack manager, they are getting rid of him because they believe they can attract better. This is someone who has won them the league, two league cups and got them to the QF of the Champions League in just a few years. This is the level of ambition that we are up against.

Compare that to the attitude of some blues, who are still harping on about a good season from two years ago in which we finished 5th. It was the same season that the RS nearly won the league, and they binned off Rodgers because they believed they could attract better. Mourinho, a Chelsea legend and someone who had won them the title as recently as last year was binned off because he wasn't performing well enough.

This is the Premier League, it's 2016, and the playing field has been levelled. We really cannot afford to be holding on to sub-standard managers just because they brought a decent season two years ago, no matter how much of a nice feller you think he is, or how flattered you are by his chat-up lines. We need to adapt to this new level playing field quickly, or we risk being left behind, again.
Totally agree...his record with Villareal & Malaga with relatively no money speaks volumes.
He's definitely worth a chance compared to Baghdad Bob!!

Another thing about City is there can be no doubt their season lost focus halfway through when it became clear that Pellegrini was being binned at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back