Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure this has been posted before...

Highest Paid Football Managers Around The World
NO# MANAGER TEAM SALARY
1 Pep Guardiola (New) Manchester City £15m (3 year deal set to start in 2016-17 season
2 Pep Guardiola Bayern Munich £14.8m
3 Arsene Wenger Arsenal £8.30m (signed a 3 year deal in May 2014)
4 Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid £8m (2 and half year deal)
5 Louis Van Gaal Manchester United £7.3m (3 year deal set to expire at the end of 2016-17 season)
6 Jurgen Klopp Liverpool £7m
7 Jose Enrique FC Barcelona £7m
8 Rafael Benitez Newcastle United £4.5m (plus £2 bonus if Newcastle Avoid drop)
9 Roberto Mancini Inter Milan £4.30m
10 Antonio Conte Italy £3.95m
11 Manuel Pellegrini Manchester City £4.2m
12 Massimiliano Allegri Juventus £3.50m
13 Laurent Blanc PSG £3.45m
14 Jorge Jesus Benfica £3.34m
15 Roberto Martinez Everton £3m
16 Slaven Bilic West Ham United £2.95m
17 Roy Hodgson England £2.95m
18 Joachim Low Germany £2.80m
19 Dunga Brazil £2.50m
20 Ronald Koeman Southampton FC £2.30m

We pay good wages at everton - jesus Moyes got more then Martinez is getting now and was paid at one point more then Allegri at Juve.

There is no reason we shouldn't try and attract the best possible managers we can - we have issues of competing in Europe etc - however people saying we can't afford them need to rethink that argument.

Add to the investment promises from Moshiri why shouldn't we go after top quality.

Sure this has been posted before...

Highest Paid Football Managers Around The World
NO# MANAGER TEAM SALARY
1 Pep Guardiola (New) Manchester City £15m (3 year deal set to start in 2016-17 season
2 Pep Guardiola Bayern Munich £14.8m
3 Arsene Wenger Arsenal £8.30m (signed a 3 year deal in May 2014)
4 Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid £8m (2 and half year deal)
5 Louis Van Gaal Manchester United £7.3m (3 year deal set to expire at the end of 2016-17 season)
6 Jurgen Klopp Liverpool £7m
7 Jose Enrique FC Barcelona £7m
8 Rafael Benitez Newcastle United £4.5m (plus £2 bonus if Newcastle Avoid drop)
9 Roberto Mancini Inter Milan £4.30m
10 Antonio Conte Italy £3.95m
11 Manuel Pellegrini Manchester City £4.2m
12 Massimiliano Allegri Juventus £3.50m
13 Laurent Blanc PSG £3.45m
14 Jorge Jesus Benfica £3.34m
15 Roberto Martinez Everton £3m
16 Slaven Bilic West Ham United £2.95m
17 Roy Hodgson England £2.95m
18 Joachim Low Germany £2.80m
19 Dunga Brazil £2.50m
20 Ronald Koeman Southampton FC £2.30m

We pay good wages at everton - jesus Moyes got more then Martinez is getting now and was paid at one point more then Allegri at Juve.

There is no reason we shouldn't try and attract the best possible managers we can - we have issues of competing in Europe etc - however people saying we can't afford them need to rethink that argument.

Add to the investment promises from Moshiri why shouldn't we go after top quality.
Yes mate i posted it a week or so ago. Sickening how a poor club at the time paid ts Manager so much.

We should be able to attract a big name, if Southampton and West Ham can get Koeman and Bilic then there is no reason we can't get a big name in as well. Will we though, I have no idea. All waiting for the Moshi Monster to decide what he wants I guess.

Yes mate i posted it a week or so ago. Sickening how a poor club at the time paid ts Manager so much.

Yep - specially when we here "poor old everton can't afford top quality". I call BS.

Its all about ambition - If we want to compete with the best we go for the best manager we can get, if its for circa £4million a year, then we open up a whole world of managers, including the likes of De Boer and Cocu - who aren't even on that list and would earn less then Martinez.

The problem i have, is ambition and this board (albeit in a previous state) aren't words that go together. I am hoping Moshiri has a bit more ambition about him then we have had recently.

Yep - specially when we here "poor old everton can't afford top quality". I call BS.

Its all about ambition - If we want to compete with the best we go for the best manager we can get, if its for circa £4million a year, then we open up a whole world of managers, including the likes of De Boer and Cocu - who aren't even on that list and would earn less then Martinez.

The problem i have, is ambition and this board (albeit in a previous state) aren't words that go together. I am hoping Moshiri has a bit more ambition about him then we have had recently.
Give him time :)

Give him time :)

He has it from me, but a major decision will have to be made by the board and Moshiri will be put to the sword over it. Keep Martinez, or show ambition and go out and get a proven winner.

Its a major decision he will have to make soon, and results dependant particularly in the cup - it might come around sooner then the summer.

no no no no no no no no not Moyes...I'd rather have Unsworth as an Interim
Its funny because when Moyes was here I generally thought we couldn't do better. But when he decided to leave the way he did, that was it for me. Staying on as manager after he'd agreed to join Man Utd? What was all that about? Would've had more respect if he'd gone there and then. Not for me.

Moyes would be a massive step backwards....too much water under that bridge

Besides how do we shot of the current incumbent 1st before we talk about replacements

Moyes shouts are just silly. We got as far as we could with Moyes and Martinez proved that when he took a solid team and performed far far better...

...id like Eddie Howe but at thr same time I think if we want to get into the top 4 we need to go after a top top name. May aswell try a punt at Mourinho or Hiddink, if we have the finances then why not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back