Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a genuine question, from someone who is not pro-martinez....

If we won the FA Cup, how much time would he get? Consider we've been poor in the league but reached two cup semi's this season.

If we won the FA Cup, how much time would he get? Consider we've been poor in the league but reached two cup semi's this season.

None. Things have gone too far for him to be judged on two one-off games.

We know he's capable of winning one-off matches, yet he refuses to treat league games with the same sort of urgency until they're the only games he has left. I said a while back (ON another thread) that our league form won't improve drastically until the cup run's over. If that means winning the cup then I'd expect to see far more losses in the league than if we go out next game.

It happened at wigan, it'll happen here.

None. Things have gone too far for him to be judged on two one-off games.

We know he's capable of winning one-off matches, yet he refuses to treat league games with the same sort of urgency until they're the only games he has left. I said a while back (ON another thread) that our league form won't improve drastically until the cup run's over. If that means winning the cup then I'd expect to see far more losses in the league than if we go out next game.

It happened at wigan, it'll happen here.

Haha, you can't have two one-off games mate. Otherwise it's a two-off;)

It'd be poetic justice if Martinez was sacked and you lot were saddled with Moyes. I'd PMSL for months after.

Judas Hoofball Moyes.

It'd be a well deserved kick in the bollocks for the mass hysteria that's infected the body politic of these forums.

Appreciate passions are running high, but this was understandably flagged by several.

Contributions must not:
b ) Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;

These warning points have tipped @davek into a temporary suspension.

Others would be wise to re-familiarise yourselves with our rules;

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/forum-rules.11181/

Just to point out - I didn't flag @davek 's post.

The-Saint-2.gif

Would be hilarious if Dyche got the job and with his gruff voice invited Dave along to FF to observe a training session of agricultural HOOOOFBALL lol

Would be hilarious if Dyche got the job and with his gruff voice invited Dave along to FF to observe a training session of agricultural HOOOOFBALL lol
Not him, he sounds like he's gargling sandpaper. Let's not goad other members individually please.

Mancini anyone?

If it were me, he'd be gone no matter what.
Good cup manager, bad league manager. If he stays, we miss the opportunity to build on a good squad. We've got to start thinking bigger.

Not him, he sounds like he's gargling sandpaper. Let's not goad other members individually please.

Mancini anyone?

Would be made up with Mancini, sadly I think any new replacement will be scouted by Bill and will have the lazy Moyes/Martinez British appointment feel to it. Would be a Howe appointment unless Moshiri appoints the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back