Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see him spending half of that figure on the club,Ashley at Newcastle or Short at Sunderland are worth an estimated 2-3 billion each and spent no where half of their wealth on their clubs,same can be said with Abramovich at Chelsea or Lewis at Spurs.

Billionaire stay billionaires for a reason because they play it safe with their money and only invest when there is a return or profit.

Plus with FFP still around owners cannot just spend nilly willy of old,Chelsea got lucky as they was no FFP and spent around 600-700 million on player recruitement before FFP came in,since then Abramovich modus operandi is the club only spends what it makes as he wants the club to be self sufficient by improving the turnover,the days of him splashing his own cash have been over for a few seasons now.City have gotten past FFP by nefarious means of creating a different company that funnels a sizeable chunk of the percentage of the players wages so the wages in the actual turnoverlook lower for FFP,also they have owner linked Commercial deals with Etihad Aabar Arabtec Etisalat and AbuDhabiTourism that gives them a commercial revenues of £173 million pounds which is ranked 2nd in world football hahaha,they also rig the matchday revenue by claiming to have a full stadium when every game has lots of empty seats.

I think the first thing Moshiri will want to do is improve the playing side but it will no where near what Abramovich and City have done,also he will want to improve the most important thing in Turnover these days which is commercial revenues and then matchday revenue with a stadium move to maximise the potential of the club.

A good post mate. I agree with the majority of it. The Premier league is now made up of billionaires and we are now competitive with that.

The first thing Moshiri will hep us with is changing the culture of the club and make it off the field more competitive. Having billions is one thing but how you acquire them is also significant. Moshiri has got them by networking the super wealthy and I think he will have a very big vision for the club.

I know Esk doesn't give it much credibility but there is a lot of talk of Usmanov and/or other wealthy individuals either coming on board or lurking. That might indicate a significant amount of spending.

Why does everyone think Simeone is so beyond us? Show's what this club has done to our support over the years that ambition has been sucked out of us.

We have now entered a new era and should be showing ambition once again.

Where else can Simeone go? If he wants a go at the Premier League there is no other club currently available as they all have top managers and newly appointed top managers. The Premier League is now the playground all top managers want to be in, And we now have the financial muscle and project that should appeal to any top manager.

We all know Simeone is a top manager but just what has he done to make him so beyond us he hasn't yet achieved success of mourinho or guardiola level yet.

From what I have heard we have approached him it's just wether Moshiri can sell him the project we have over the next few years if not then we move on to Emery.

But please please stop mentioning fricking David Moyes, as I say we have entered a new era and one that should be way beyond that ginger muppet.

Please Everton and my fellow Evertonians we should all be showing more ambition now NSNO

Everton represent the last chance for any significant overseas manager who wishes to manage in the PL.

Even though in financial terms we are very mid-table, and before any funds are made available from Moshiri or player sales, the new manager will in the next 3 years have something like £500 million in revenues to support his project.

That's a very exciting prospect, but then combined with Moshiri's development plans for the club, we really are an attractive proposition.

Any manager not taking the opportunity seriously (outside of the already committed "super-managers" elsewhere) is perhaps a reflection of their ambitions rather than a reflection of ours.

If Emery wants to prove himself in the world's most competitive league then the very best opportunity is available to him.
Thanks for this @The Esk. It's the first detailed realistic post I've seen about our financial position under Moshiri. We're much better off but still, financially speaking alone, not competitive with the top six. There's a big job for the new manager.
I note you've been far more circumspect about Emmery than you were about Mourinho and Koeman, and taken together with the tone of this post, I'm assuming you've become less confident about our prospects of attracting a preferred candidate.
Emmery's looking increasingly unlikely to me as apparently he's refused once. Still hopeful Moshiri will pull Koeman out of the bag at the the last minute with a huge wage. All credit to him for going for it whatever happens.

Regarding Moyes' appearance last night and him being around Kenwright, why would we not try and leaver information from him about prospective Spanish managers. Moyes made an absolute show of himself at Man U and I would imagine (and hope) he has tried to build bridges back with the club he enjoyed such a sustained stint at. Would I or the majority want him back as manager? No. Would I be happy for him to offer a bit of advice on a player or manager. Certainly. And it was great to see other familiar faces at the ground yesterday to watch Bellew live out his dream.

Tbf I think he's just mates with Kenwright and likes Boxing so wasn't going to turn down a free ticket.

Why does everyone think Simeone is so beyond us? Show's what this club has done to our support over the years that ambition has been sucked out of us.

We have now entered a new era and should be showing ambition once again.

Where else can Simeone go? If he wants a go at the Premier League there is no other club currently available as they all have top managers and newly appointed top managers. The Premier League is now the playground all top managers want to be in, And we now have the financial muscle and project that should appeal to any top manager.

We all know Simeone is a top manager but just what has he done to make him so beyond us he hasn't yet achieved success of mourinho or guardiola level yet.

From what I have heard we have approached him it's just wether Moshiri can sell him the project we have over the next few years if not then we move on to Emery.

But please please stop mentioning fricking David Moyes, as I say we have entered a new era and one that should be way beyond that ginger muppet.

Please Everton and my fellow Evertonians we should all be showing more ambition now NSNO

If I was to go on a Newcastle forum and see their fans talking about going for Simeone I would fall over laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back