Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the club started the process of looking for a new manager I expect they contacted the agents of a large number of managers to see if they had a interest.If the response was negative then they were taken from the list. From the positive responses I would expect that another preferred list of candidates was put together and in again in order of preference and interviews have been carried out with some or all of those and from those interviews and managers history it has emerged who the club wants to take on the job.

I would expect that the initial trawl might cover managers like Mourinho and Simeone and maybe other high profile managers as well. Just because a manager doesn't immediately dismiss the possibility of joining Everton it doesn't mean that Everton are first choice or that the manager has a real interest.
The question that all managers have to ask themselves is if they have taken their current club as far as it can go.
Then, does the new opportunity give a chance to go further still.
So, has Emery peaked at Sevilla, has Simeone peaked at Atletico.
If they feel they have gone as far as they can, then they start to look at new opportunities. Everton may be instantly dismissed by them, but the huge amounts of money that would be available to all Premiership clubs allied to the development plans of Moshiri(whatever they may be) means that no manager in the world apart from those already at the super clubs or super rich clubs can dismiss Everton easily.

If I was to go on a Newcastle forum and see their fans talking about going for Simeone I would fall over laughing.

I would to, who wouldn't.

But we are not talking about Newcastle we are talking about one of the most successful clubs in English football history that has underachieved in recent times mostly due to financial restraints, that is now not the problem as I said before we are entering a new era where financial issues before are no longer

I would to, who wouldn't.

But we are not talking about Newcastle we are talking about one of the most successful clubs in English football history that has underachieved in recent times mostly due to financial restraints, that is now not the problem as I said before we are entering a new era where financial issues before are no longer

Hopefully the Villa takeover doesn't go through soon as they go for Simeone as well.

Why does everyone think Simeone is so beyond us? Show's what this club has done to our support over the years that ambition has been sucked out of us.

We have now entered a new era and should be showing ambition once again.

Where else can Simeone go? If he wants a go at the Premier League there is no other club currently available as they all have top managers and newly appointed top managers. The Premier League is now the playground all top managers want to be in, And we now have the financial muscle and project that should appeal to any top manager.

We all know Simeone is a top manager but just what has he done to make him so beyond us he hasn't yet achieved success of mourinho or guardiola level yet.

From what I have heard we have approached him it's just wether Moshiri can sell him the project we have over the next few years if not then we move on to Emery.

But please please stop mentioning fricking David Moyes, as I say we have entered a new era and one that should be way beyond that ginger muppet.

Please Everton and my fellow Evertonians we should all be showing more ambition now NSNO

Being realistic mate. He will stay with Athletico, but could very well wait and be next manager of Chelsea, or Spurs, or Arsenal. Not to mention massive clubs in Italy.

Worth sounding him out, but in all honesty, it's not happening.

And you would have done the same regarding Rafael and Newcastle six months ago.

That's slightly different, his wife is settled in the UK. It's his home now.

Simeone doesn't speak the language, it's too much of a high risk. If he leaves Atletico, he will have a break and wait for the likes of Arsenal, not us unfortunately.

I sincerely hope that most of you deal with stressful situations off the internet far greater than you do on it, otherwise I fear for the safety of many Evertonians and their families.

Thanks for your concern. Please let me know if you decide to offer any private counselling or therapy sessions

Being realistic mate. He will stay with Athletico, but could very well wait and be next manager of Chelsea, or Spurs, or Arsenal. Not to mention massive clubs in Italy.

Worth sounding him out, but in all honesty, it's not happening.
I think if he leaves madrid it will be next year for arsenal or this season to inter. No harm in trying. I do think emery is much more realistic

I'm being realistic, I can't possibly see Simeone leaving the finalists of the Champions League to join a mid table team in the premiership not in Europe.

I just for some reason can't see it. We laugh at the likes of Newcastle for getting above themselves, we are doing the same here.

...we should have aspiration to court the best, it might just be the right timing for one of these guys. Managing in the Premier League is an attraction, managing Everton at this particular point in time will also be an attractive proposition. Klopp across the park, Mourinho and Guardiola up the road, these fella's have belief in themselves and one might fancy the challenge with us.

Simeone doesn't speak the language, it's too much of a high risk. If he leaves Atletico, he will have a break and wait for the likes of Arsenal, not us unfortunately.

I disagre that it's a risk for the likes of him mate....if anything, I see it as a much lower risk proposition for a manager. If you go to one of the established prem-era big boys and don't do too well, you get crucified in the press and your star will quickly fall (see Moyes). However, you go to a mid-table club and keep them upper-mid table, without doing anything so crass as actually succeeding and winning pots, and you'll be treated as some kind of god among managers, and your star will rise regardless (also see Moyes).

Only real risk is that he would get us relegated or finish bottom-third, and I imagine he'd be prepared to back himself to avoid that at least, even if he doesn't bring us any shinies.

That's irrelevant. You don't believe that Rafael could've ended up at Doncaster Rovers on the basis of his wife living here and speaking English I presume?

The point is that the Premier League is a big draw. Enough of a draw for a recent former Real Madrid manager to spend a season in the Championship in the hope of returning to it. Combine the pull of the Premier League with the promise of lavish spending power over the next few seasons and Simeone turning up at Everton isn't that outlandish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back