Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the lack of money that gave them an excuse for not achieving anything of note.

Well, other than finishing in the top 4, qualifying for europe, repeatedly finishing in the top 10 and getting to a cup final.

Moyes for all his faults, like most sensible people, realised that without money it becomes seriously hard to break a certain glass ceiling in the Premier League.

Leicester are the exception to the rule.

Going round 'expecting' to win titles and cups when your financial outlay is minimal is foolish.

Just seems harsh to knock Moyes for being a realist.

Should pin this on the face of anyone who ever uses the phrase 'plucky little Everton'. Gets right on my tits.

Apologies if it's already posted but Pellegrini has an interview in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ellegrini-manchester-city-exclusive-interview

"What, then, is next for Pellegrini? Everton are thought to be interested in him, and he says: “If I don’t have a really interesting option I will stop until I find one. If I have to stop [completely], I will stop. It can be now, [until] December, one year or for ever. Of course, I would miss it. The challenge keeps me alive.”

Nice one, dunno how but I missed that int today.

I like him, I like that interview, I like what he says and I'd have no complaints if he were to come here...

Another thing about Pellegrini is that he would attract players. Moreso than Koeman at this point in time. Koeman would be the better long term manager.
I've spoken to fans of other teams in the prem and they all have the 'wow you could get Pellegrini' sentiment. And many of us see him as last resort backup? Everton going places! And I dont mean the championship.

Problem I can see with Pellegrini is that he may not have been involved in buying players so he may not have his finger on the pulse - we need to rebuild our team.

Problem I can see with Pellegrini is that he may not have been involved in buying players so he may not have his finger on the pulse - we need to rebuild our team.

If we're going with the DOF tho he wont need to be buying players for us either

Nice one, dunno how but I missed that int today.

I like him, I like that interview, I like what he says and I'd have no complaints if he were to come here...

.....you have to think that if he (or De Boer) were priority candidates one would have been appointed by now. I suspect the person(s) Moshiri most wants is/are still to agree or we are negotiating with his club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back