Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellegrini specifically said No when asked which backs up the believable itks and it seems we've moved on from koeman
Could you please send me a link or video of where he said no?

I seriously hope you're not taking that screenshot of a text with a photo of him as confirmation he doesn't want the job.

I'm okay with that, as long as the DoF is great at his job and the manager is comfortable with working under one.

Problems have arisen in the past in this country when British managers have been forced to work within that system. It's not something they've been used to, and it's not sat well with many of them as a result.

But if you can get a great Director of Football at your club for the long hall, it reduces the risk of changing manager. You might find a faster turnover there as a result, rather than there being a reluctance to sack an underperforming manager for fear of a huge rebuild being necessary.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

Just wondering how many foreign players got huge contract extensions when man Utd were in free fall under moyes, by getting their agents to put out some jarg story about being linked. Can't help but think in the next month Messer's Emery, Koeman and simeone will stay at their clubs and surprise surprise a new huge contract is in their back pocket.

I seriously hope you're not taking that screenshot of a text with a photo of him as confirmation he doesn't want the job.
Haha yeah like what do people expect him to say "ah yeah mert start next week on a four year deal. Moshy only gone and give me £4million a year, isn't that great?. I'm gonna sack off that lazy beaut Rom and sign Griezman for a song lid. I'm having a buritto for me tea too I'll chat ya later".

It was Kenwright and Moyes who cultivated the "plucky little Everton" perception as it gave them an excuse for never achieving anything of note. So I can't blame other fans for thinking it and it's up to Moshy to change it.

I think it was the lack of money that gave them an excuse for not achieving anything of note.

Well, other than finishing in the top 4, qualifying for europe, repeatedly finishing in the top 10 and getting to a cup final.

Moyes for all his faults, like most sensible people, realised that without money it becomes seriously hard to break a certain glass ceiling in the Premier League.

Leicester are the exception to the rule.

Going round 'expecting' to win titles and cups when your financial outlay is minimal is foolish.

Just seems harsh to knock Moyes for being a realist.

I think it was the lack of money that gave them an excuse for not achieving anything of note.

Well, other than finishing in the top 4, qualifying for europe, repeatedly finishing in the top 10 and getting to a cup final.

Moyes for all his faults, like most sensible people, realised that without money it becomes seriously hard to break a certain glass ceiling in the Premier League.

Leicester are the exception to the rule.

Going round 'expecting' to win titles and cups when your financial outlay is minimal is foolish.

Just seems harsh to knock Moyes for being a realist.
Whose fault is it for lack of funds/investment?. I'm one of Moyes biggest fans mate from his early years here but the fact is he won nothing. Ranieri didn't need excuses.

A lot of uproar that we still hadn't made an appointment last week.... I was in the "relax we have loads of time camp" and was sure we needed to take our time to make sure we got the best manager possible.... but I'm starting to worry that we won't have someone in place before the euros.... it will be a busy summer ahead for the new man, and he needs to get cracking as soon as possible

Whose fault is it for lack of funds/investment?. I'm one of Moyes biggest fans mate from his early years here but the fact is he won nothing. Ranieri didn't need excuses.

He did at Chelsea and how many times has a team won the Premier Leauge with minimal resources since it's inception?

A team without money has only won it once and therefore you think it's a reasonable expectation for any manager to win the league with no significant money behind him?

I guess you'll be posting on the Burnley forum, wishing them good luck for their title challenge next season.

Fair enough. lol

Haha yeah like what do people expect him to say "ah yeah mert start next week on a four year deal. Moshy only gone and give me £4million a year, isn't that great?. I'm gonna sack off that lazy beaut Rom and sign Griezman for a song lid. I'm having a buritto for me tea too I'll chat ya later".
Yes.

He did at Chelsea and how many times has a team won the Premier Leauge with minimal resources since it's inception?

A team without money has only won it once and therefore you think it's a reasonable expectation for any manager to win the league with no significant money behind him?

I guess you'll be posting on the Burnley forum, wishing them good luck for their title challenge next season.

Fair enough. lol
You've got an inch and taken a mile mate, heads fallen clean off. I already said was a fan of Moyes and he did great work early on but he won nothing. Never mind the league, he won zilch. It was Kenwrights job to get investment and Moyes to demand it. Neither bothered and so here we are.

I was on the phone to him before, he said he's not interested after seeing the abuse roberto got an to tell that poster jozzy to stop questioning sageys itk'ness

Why a burrito? He ain't Mexican you racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back