Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With recent articles suggesting that Mendes is getting involved with any deal to get Emery over here it wouldn't surprise me if that was who Moshiri met on the weekend.

Mendes always goes to a lot if not all Real Madrid games and it wouldn't surprise me if he was at the San Siro on Saturday evening.

Just back from getting the hair cut. Barber, United fan, said without a hint of piss-take, Steve Bruce would be a great appointment and we should have went for Rafael when he was available. I could say he knows nothing about football which may be the case but above all he just doesn't care about Everton. This is the same with the vast majority. They don't care about our history,the great players and managers we've had, our great support, time in the top flight, cup successes, none of it. In the recent past we've done nothing and been plucky little Everton who's everyones second team cause we're nice but always lose to their favorite team. Even some of our own support think we're small time too, it's up to Moshy to challenge this perception. I think he will.

....yes, yes, that's all very well....but more importantly what doo did you get MICKEY....back perm & a quiffage?

#NeverGoesOutOfFashion

;)

With the Angels.

He was found out to be another fake.

He had the Champions League final in Milan on Saturday, Monaco Grand Prix and nibbles at Mosh's place Sunday, followed by private Mosh chopper to Goodison for the Bellew fight (he absailed from the chopper to his ringside seat).

The lad's knackered. Give him a break, okay?

On his flight home from Milan

PETA please take note of these horrors

Wouldn't want Mancini and would much prefer Emery to Simeone. Really don't think that any manager that is interested in moving jobs right now is out of the question... Everton is probably the highest profile job in club football that is currently available.

Benitez/Newcastle and Klopp/Liverpool are essentially irrelevant, it's much simpler than that... managers don't have short careers - one year without European football means nothing. For managers like Emery, what they want is an opportunity to compete at a higher and higher level and that only happens with money. Seville are a club like we were under Moyes, shoestring budget and he's won the second biggest tournament in Europe three times in a row... if he thinks he can't push on with Seville then I'm sure we look like a good option.

Moshiri could end the term "Everton That" by appointing Emery, Simeone, Mancini or even Koeman.

Kenwright has presided over and created a culture of pessimism, aided and abetted by tossers like Moyes and Neville who brought "knives to gunfights"

We are Everton, Farhad. Nothing but the best is good enough. This appointment could define your entire time at the club.

I'd rather it stayed in usage and acquired a new meaning... imagine if it was reclaimed to connote 'great success'...

*cries into pint.

Regarding Moyes' appearance last night and him being around Kenwright, why would we not try and leaver information from him about prospective Spanish managers. Moyes made an absolute show of himself at Man U and I would imagine (and hope) he has tried to build bridges back with the club he enjoyed such a sustained stint at. Would I or the majority want him back as manager? No. Would I be happy for him to offer a bit of advice on a player or manager. Certainly. And it was great to see other familiar faces at the ground yesterday to watch Bellew live out his dream.

He'd be very good at advising players to leave Everton to 'further their careers'.....and what would he know about Spanish managers? He was useless over there as well. When will people realise that Mayes is a self hyped and over hyped Championship or SPL manager, not capable at the highest level in the Prem, who only lasted at Everton because Bill Kenwright was chairman.

Just back from getting the hair cut. Barber, United fan, said without a hint of piss-take, Steve Bruce would be a great appointment and we should have went for Rafael when he was available. I could say he knows nothing about football which may be the case but above all he just doesn't care about Everton. This is the same with the vast majority. They don't care about our history,the great players and managers we've had, our great support, time in the top flight, cup successes, none of it. In the recent past we've done nothing and been plucky little Everton who's everyones second team cause we're nice but always lose to their favorite team. Even some of our own support think we're small time too, it's up to Moshy to challenge this perception. I think he will.

It really frustrates me that people seem to think we have always the plucky little under dog. One of my friends is a United fan and he was adamant that we should keep Martinez because apparently he'd done well for us, then banged on about how they need to get rid of LVG because he hadn't won the league.
The thing that's been getting me recently is that United fans think they are entitled to so much and they shouldn't be going 3 seasons without winning the league and it's entirely down to the fact that most of them haven't seen United before Alex Ferguson. Take Ferguson out of United's history and they've won the league less than us.
There's no reason we shouldn't be aiming high, granted the fact that we can't offer Europe this year is a bit of a stumbling block, but I don't see that as a reason to aim low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back