Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really frustrates me that people seem to think we have always the plucky little under dog. One of my friends is a United fan and he was adamant that we should keep Martinez because apparently he'd done well for us, then banged on about how they need to get rid of LVG because he hadn't won the league.
The thing that's been getting me recently is that United fans think they are entitled to so much and they shouldn't be going 3 seasons without winning the league and it's entirely down to the fact that most of them haven't seen United before Alex Ferguson. Take Ferguson out of United's history and they've won the league less than us.
There's no reason we shouldn't be aiming high, granted the fact that we can't offer Europe this year is a bit of a stumbling block, but I don't see that as a reason to aim low.
It was Kenwright and Moyes who cultivated the "plucky little Everton" perception as it gave them an excuse for never achieving anything of note. So I can't blame other fans for thinking it and it's up to Moshy to change it.

Get the feeling some of these foreign managers would rather continue to do well at smaller clubs and wait for a shot at a galactico club than pursue other avenues with bigger financial rewards, even though the probable outcome is these huge clubs will jib them off the first time they don't win something.

Kenwright proved last night that he likes to wind the Everton fans up and doesn't give a damn about the supporters.
Laughing with Moyes when Everton are without a manager. Kenwright knew what he was doing last night. Hope Moshiri buys him out and he becomes a full time supporter.

....just checked, only Simeone and Koeman being backed on Oddschecker. Those at the head of the market drifting, Emery back out to 5-1 with Betfred.

Yes none of the "favourites" look particularly inspiring. Simeone's odds have really shrunk. 3 days ago the best price would have probably been 100-1 now it's 20-1. If I was analysing that market I would still say someone from left field may get that job as De Boer/Pellegrini/Moyes have been too short for too long.

He'd be very good at advising players to leave Everton to 'further their careers'.....and what would he know about Spanish managers? He was useless over there as well. When will people realise that Mayes is a self hyped and over hyped Championship or SPL manager, not capable at the highest level in the Prem, who only lasted at Everton because Bill Kenwright was chairman.

I lived through Kendall's 80s and Royle in the 90s. I know what a good manager is. I was just musing on his potential small talk with Kenwright.

Kenwright proved last night that he likes to wind the Everton fans up and doesn't give a damn about the supporters.
Laughing with Moyes when Everton are without a manager. Kenwright knew what he was doing last night. Hope Moshiri buys him out and he becomes a full time supporter.
It was a good thing he was they're and not somewhere else if you get me mate

Does anyone think it's likely that we will move to a Director of Football/Head Coach structure?

Apparently it was David Dein that brokered the Moshiri investment in Everton.... if that's the case it would explain the Overmars link from a few weeks back.

He'd be very good at advising players to leave Everton to 'further their careers'.....and what would he know about Spanish managers? He was useless over there as well. When will people realise that Mayes is a self hyped and over hyped Championship or SPL manager, not capable at the highest level in the Prem, who only lasted at Everton because Bill Kenwright was chairman.

So a guy who repeatedly has a record of finishing in the top half of the Premiership, with minimal resources isn't a Premier League quality manager?

Ok, then.

Both past their use by date by several years

Does anyone think it's likely that we will move to a Director of Football/Head Coach structure?

Apparently it was David Dein that brokered the Moshiri investment in Everton.... if that's the case it would explain the Overmars link from a few weeks back.
I'm okay with that, as long as the DoF is great at his job and the manager is comfortable with working under one.

Problems have arisen in the past in this country when British managers have been forced to work within that system. It's not something they've been used to, and it's not sat well with many of them as a result.

But if you can get a great Director of Football at your club for the long hall, it reduces the risk of changing manager. You might find a faster turnover there as a result, rather than there being a reluctance to sack an underperforming manager for fear of a huge rebuild being necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back