Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the lack of money that gave them an excuse for not achieving anything of note.

Well, other than finishing in the top 4, qualifying for europe, repeatedly finishing in the top 10 and getting to a cup final.

Moyes for all his faults, like most sensible people, realised that without money it becomes seriously hard to break a certain glass ceiling in the Premier League.

Leicester are the exception to the rule.

Going round 'expecting' to win titles and cups when your financial outlay is minimal is foolish.

Just seems harsh to knock Moyes for being a realist.
Why are you calling the fans fools lad

Just wondering how many foreign players got huge contract extensions when man Utd were in free fall under moyes, by getting their agents to put out some jarg story about being linked. Can't help but think in the next month Messer's Emery, Koeman and simeone will stay at their clubs and surprise surprise a new huge contract is in their back pocket.
You're a cheery soul

Kenwright proved last night that he likes to wind the Everton fans up and doesn't give a damn about the supporters.
Laughing with Moyes when Everton are without a manager. Kenwright knew what he was doing last night. Hope Moshiri buys him out and he becomes a full time supporter.
i thought it was sickening that in bellews greatest moment,old fat head ran from his box and his love in with moyes to jump on the ropes to milk it for all it was worth,anything to get his grid on the tele.
anyway sorry to go off topic.

Why are you calling the fans fools lad

It's unrealistic to 'expect' to win stuff, on a regular basis, without significant amounts of money.

That's reality.

Judging any manager on trophies won or lack thereof without looking at the finances made available to them is crazy.

i thought it was sickening that in bellews greatest moment,old fat head ran from his box and his love in with moyes to jump on the ropes to milk it for all it was worth,anything to get his grid on the tele.
anyway sorry to go off topic.
Sooner he gets bought out the better, get the parasite well away

Apologies if it's already posted but Pellegrini has an interview in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ellegrini-manchester-city-exclusive-interview

"What, then, is next for Pellegrini? Everton are thought to be interested in him, and he says: “If I don’t have a really interesting option I will stop until I find one. If I have to stop [completely], I will stop. It can be now, [until] December, one year or for ever. Of course, I would miss it. The challenge keeps me alive.”

Just wondering how many foreign players got huge contract extensions when man Utd were in free fall under moyes, by getting their agents to put out some jarg story about being linked. Can't help but think in the next month Messer's Emery, Koeman and simeone will stay at their clubs and surprise surprise a new huge contract is in their back pocket.

Everton have a hand to play as well in fairness, it's the biggest job available in the richest league in the world. If for instance the club wanted Koeman as first choice and he demands a huge contract, then the links to other managers weaken his negotiating position. A manager can demand much more if they know they are the only choice than they can if they think others are in the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back