Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
same source for those rumours that have sold baines, coleman to man untied over the past 3 years and are now selling stones, barkley and Lukaku to them as well mate, the media and the manchester orientated media certainly wants Mourinho at united - but just like with printing stories about x,y,z players moving their it means absolutely squat.

Powerful people at United won't stand for Mourinho getting that job, and unless the Glazers are gonna do a massive cutting away of some very powerful internal figures at that club they have no chance of appointing him

Jose to Utd hinges on his employment tribunal

It'd be poetic justice if Martinez was sacked and you lot were saddled with Moyes. I'd PMSL for months after.

Judas Hoofball Moyes.

It'd be a well deserved kick in the bollocks for the mass hysteria that's infected the body politic of these forums.

Same ole davek eh, still with...'the only option to Martinez must be Moyes'...and then it'll all be our fault...If they'd only given him more time etc etc

It'd be poetic justice if Martinez was sacked and you lot were saddled with Moyes. I'd PMSL for months after.

Judas Hoofball Moyes.

It'd be a well deserved kick in the bollocks for the mass hysteria that's infected the body politic of these forums.

Well @davek when people that are new to football ask you about Everton, you can introduce us as:

You: "oh we're that team that plays beautiful football."
Young bloke new to football: "Great! What place did you finish?"
You: "Bah 5th or 15th whats the difference?"

Moyes had us as best of the rest. I'd rather be best of the rest than just one of the rest.

His stance over him reportedly changed a few years back mate, looking at the past 2-3 years can be clearly seen Ferguson is against any chance of Mourinho ending up their, only member of the board to come out and publicly throw his backing behidn LVG for starters, best mates with Charlton also against mourinho and Gil is the other

I think SAF left Moyes with a huge job on his hands (similar to what moyes left us).

He probably fears that if Mourinho came in now and changed things but won titles then either it would mean less exposure for him as Mourinho would be the new man getting the glory OR i concerned about the negative brand of football....

Hed be ideal for us apart from his reticence to play youth...thats something which is a major concern (though he did do this at porto and real).

He's already said that after this season he doesn't want another managers job though.
I would imagine Billionaires can be very persuasive. He called us a beautiful team after the cheslea away game I know it unlikely to happen but it's my preferred choice. We will have to pay Roberto 3 years salary or a pre-agreed amount if for example we then went after Sanchez Flores we would also have to pay Watford a small fortune Gus would be free granted he would be on a bigger wage but still he is a proven winner.

I would imagine he would also work within the current structure of the club without wanting to rip up all below the first team back room staff.

It would give us 2 years to find a replacement perhaps even Eddie Howe but currently it's too early for the likes of him.

I am way too lazy to read the whole thread but has any discussion been had about Guus Hiddink ?
Turned Chelsea around quietly efficiently

Good manager but his age is a concern for me, he 70 this year and his hunger will be low plus he got nothing to prove anymore. Wanted him at first but not anymore, he doesn't fit us

Good manager but his age is a concern for me, he 70 this year and his hunger will be low plus he got nothing to prove anymore. Wanted him at first but not anymore, he doesn't fit us
I get you on the age thing but ask him to do a similar job to what he did for Chelsea .... Come in and settle a fractious team down ... Use his undoubted international reputation and respect to draw the right kind of players in with Mr Moshiri's money...
Use those two years to find a genuine ambitious and talented new manager for 2018
Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back