Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get you on the age thing but ask him to do a similar job to what he did for Chelsea .... Come in and settle a fractious team down ... Use his undoubted international reputation and respect to draw the right kind of players in with Mr Moshiri's money...
Use those two years to find a genuine ambitious and talented new manager for 2018
Just a thought

Maybe but i get the feeling his heart won't be in it

Wouldn't mind Koeman tbh, worked a minor miracle keeping southampton in the top half when you look at all the players he's had to sell since arriving
I find myself thinking the same thing about Koeman. He's had the rug well and truly yanked from under his feet and still has Southampton sitting above Chelsea and the RS. He's a possibility. Hiddink wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

I also like the Klinsmann and Lowe shouts, although with the caveat that international football is pretty different to club football....

Klinsmann is a terrible manager. His only decent spell as a manager was the 06 World Cup. His performance before that was gash and he's been gash since then. Looking at the 06 WC and how Klinsmann's assistant then has done since you have to also wonder who was really driving that performance.

I think SAF left Moyes with a huge job on his hands (similar to what moyes left us).

He probably fears that if Mourinho came in now and changed things but won titles then either it would mean less exposure for him as Mourinho would be the new man getting the glory OR i concerned about the negative brand of football....

Hed be ideal for us apart from his reticence to play youth...thats something which is a major concern (though he did do this at porto and real).

Most managers who get reputations for playing or not playing youth when you dig a bit deeper you will find that they are not as clear cut mate

Mourinho's first team at Chelsea had quite a young average age for example, Fergusons famous 'win nothing with kids' team average age was young but not ridiculously so by any means - from memory it was over 25 as an average for example

Rather have a manager who gets results and the kids develop slower than a manager who fails and the kids get played, because with the first at leats the kids will still remain at the club, under the second example the kids will just jump ship without a backward look, right now two of the 3 best we have want moves for example, so exactly where do we benefit except from getting good fees which really means nothing to the match going fan who want to see the team perform well and more importantly get reuslts

I think SAF left Moyes with a huge job on his hands (similar to what moyes left us).

He probably fears that if Mourinho came in now and changed things but won titles then either it would mean less exposure for him as Mourinho would be the new man getting the glory OR i concerned about the negative brand of football....

Hed be ideal for us apart from his reticence to play youth...thats something which is a major concern (though he did do this at porto and real).

Moyes left us with one of the strongest teams we'd had in a long time

We only lost 5 or 6 games in Moyes last season

With only one of those at goodison

Moyes left us with one of the strongest teams we'd had in a long time

We only lost 5 or 6 games in Moyes last season

With only one of those at goodison

You're in for a squad list now with loads of question marks all over it writing off very decent premier league players as 'past it' firms reason whatsoever, which will argue that Moyes left Martinez about 2 players.

I would imagine Billionaires can be very persuasive. He called us a beautiful team after the cheslea away game I know it unlikely to happen but it's my preferred choice. We will have to pay Roberto 3 years salary or a pre-agreed amount if for example we then went after Sanchez Flores we would also have to pay Watford a small fortune Gus would be free granted he would be on a bigger wage but still he is a proven winner.

I would imagine he would also work within the current structure of the club without wanting to rip up all below the first team back room staff.

It would give us 2 years to find a replacement perhaps even Eddie Howe but currently it's too early for the likes of him.

Hear what your saying on Hiddink, just think if Chelsea couldn't persuade him to stay beyond the end of this season, our chances would be zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back