Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If it's down to koemen and someone like Moyes then absolutely koemen. But he shouldn't be first choice IMO. Southampton have a fantastic recruitment setup. One in place before he arrived that'll keep doing what it does after he leaves. Not sold on him

Finishing 6th doesn't guarantee future success nor does it really prove all that much considering the down years of many big clubs. Let's not forget RM once finished 5th.

I'll take the tactically superior workaholic Emery in a heartbeat offer koemen. Though i still havent given up my dream of Cholo coming in. 20/1 odds now.

Yet unless he'd beat the RS in that last final nobody would have been talking about him...
People were talking about him before the Europa final (look at this thread before Europa league final). Yes him beating klopp has given more weight to the argument for him to be considered for Everton, but it's not the only reason. I'm sure him winning the Europa league two years previously at the same time selling his best players, convinced many he was a worthy successor to Martinez.

He is the one I want don't get me wrong.
But, could he spend big money do you reckon ?

Whoever we get has a risk involved I know.

I don't know to be honest. The thing that makes it difficult to judge is that Sevilla has operated as a selling club and we dont want / dont have the same model.

For example Carlos Bacca is his fourth most expensive signing at Sevilla at £5.25M, and they sold him for £22.5M two years later (over 300% profit)
Similarly Alexis Vidal was sold after a season for over 400% profit.

We obviously don't want to operate that way and would rather retain our better players, although in fairness if he could generate steady returns for youth players coming through the academy then that helps the club generate revenue before Moshiri raids his piggy bank.

He doesn't seem to have huge experience at the other end of the market. His biggest spend there is Ciro Immobile (£8.25M) who didn't really settle and was loaned to Torino. Next most expensive is N'Zonzi (yes from Stoke) at £7.31M.

How much money a manager spends isn't that important but from a recruiment point of view what we can offer him must seem astronomical compared to what he's used to. £28M for a striker, more than 3 times what he spent on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back