Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know to be honest. The thing that makes it difficult to judge is that Sevilla has operated as a selling club and we dont want / dont have the same model.

For example Carlos Bacca is his fourth most expensive signing at Sevilla at £5.25M, and they sold him for £22.5M two years later (over 300% profit)
Similarly Alexis Vidal was sold after a season for over 400% profit.

We obviously don't want to operate that way and would rather retain our better players, although in fairness if he could generate steady returns for youth players coming through the academy then that helps the club generate revenue before Moshiri raids his piggy bank.

He doesn't seem to have huge experience at the other end of the market. His biggest spend there is Ciro Immobile (£8.25M) who didn't really settle and was loaned to Torino. Next most expensive is N'Zonzi (yes from Stoke) at £7.31M.

How much money a manager spends isn't that important but from a recruiment point of view what we can offer him must seem astronomical compared to what he's used to. £28M for a striker, more than 3 times what he spent on one.

Someone just had £18M turned down for N'Zonzi.

Esk said Pellagrini was not, or no longer, a candidate.

Mole has said zippo, so fully expect him to break the Pellagrini news in 30 minutes.

And I have lost a cat.

Any chance we could get @The Esk 's posts threadmarked, so when people come on, instead of having abar 143 posts a day "What's The Esk said lads?", they can just check the threadmarks?

Just a suggestion like not really sure how the threadmarking system works.

All valid points mate.

Thing is though is the mentality. He could concentrate on those cups etc. Knowing he wasn't going to win the league in Spain, or indeed top 3 although his league finishes are tidy enough in their own right.

I think Everton will offer the challenge he would want.

Yes I think you're right there.

His stock at Sevilla will never be higher, he is unlikely to win the league, they didn't have enough for the UCL this season, and is he going to with the EL 4 times on the bounce. Its unlikely.

If he feels ready for a new challenge, which he should do if he's hit a glass ceiling at Sevilla, then there is nothing better available for him at the moment.

Alex Ferguson seen at Finch Farm duno what that means???

Means he was probably at Cheshire Oaks with Mrs F, got her to drive so he could have a few glasses of red in Rouge, got caught short as a consequence and had her zoom up the hard shoulder and off at Finch Farm to use the Gents.

Any chance we could get @The Esk 's posts threadmarked, so when people come on, instead of having abar 143 posts a day "What's The Esk said lads?", they can just check the threadmarks?

You can just search 'the esk' in the search function. Takes about 2 seconds.

I realise you probably know this and are just talking about others, just pointing out that those who can't be bothered to do that probably won't check thread marks either!

Esk said Pellagrini was not, or no longer, a candidate.

Mole has said zippo, so fully expect him to break the Pellagrini news in 30 minutes.

And I have lost a cat.

Btw. Did the Mole get discredited for saying we were meeting Emery/Mancini in Milan? Because it's very possible we were meeting their people there rather than the managers themselves. Jorge Mendes was definitely there for a start.

Its a good idea, but at the same time its pretty easy to go to his profile and look at what he's posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back