Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, at least he's held his hands up for poor buys.
He jokes about kone, so he'd fit in well here, In fact we should sign him up as he all ready convinced one mug to sign kone, he might even blag somebody into taking niasse as well!

I don't know to be honest. The thing that makes it difficult to judge is that Sevilla has operated as a selling club and we dont want / dont have the same model.

For example Carlos Bacca is his fourth most expensive signing at Sevilla at £5.25M, and they sold him for £22.5M two years later (over 300% profit)
Similarly Alexis Vidal was sold after a season for over 400% profit.

We obviously don't want to operate that way and would rather retain our better players, although in fairness if he could generate steady returns for youth players coming through the academy then that helps the club generate revenue before Moshiri raids his piggy bank.

He doesn't seem to have huge experience at the other end of the market. His biggest spend there is Ciro Immobile (£8.25M) who didn't really settle and was loaned to Torino. Next most expensive is N'Zonzi (yes from Stoke) at £7.31M.

How much money a manager spends isn't that important but from a recruiment point of view what we can offer him must seem astronomical compared to what he's used to. £28M for a striker, more than 3 times what he spent on one.
All valid points mate.

Thing is though is the mentality. He could concentrate on those cups etc. Knowing he wasn't going to win the league in Spain, or indeed top 3 although his league finishes are tidy enough in their own right.

I think Everton will offer the challenge he would want.

I had a few to drink in the warm sun yesterday and both of these factors could've clouded my judgement on thinking about the possibility of a Moyes comeback. First off want to make it loud and clear I do NOT want him back, but then I thought to myself that I am that of sound mind whereas over the years I have come to believe Uncle Bill isn't and is essentially clouded by the thought of being reunited with his buddy David. So I thought about what if he did come back? After several gallons of bleach had been drunk could it be a stroke of genius? Moyes has a career to resurrect, he is on literally no top end Manchester United level clubs radar for employment and won't be until I he proves himself again. He has to show literally the whole footballing world that his mistakes at MAnchester United and Sociedad that he has a learnt from them and that he can be a top manager. Let's be honest with ourselves ok, the last few years under his tenure were poor but he must have had something right? United wouldn't have employed him....would they if he was utter tripe? We would be the laughing stock with the RS until such time as Moyes proved otherwise or at least tried.

So like I say I'd had a drink and the sun was hot, but if nobod else wants the job and Moyes is the only genuine candidate that does then let's just hope he does have the drive and determination to surprise us and the rest of the footballing world. I for one will be in hiding for the entire season if he does come back and probably only go out whilst wearing some random non league team shirt to avoid all talk of Everton. On a lighter note I do pray it is someone else De Boer or Simeone for me. Please don't give me too much stick for this but I'm fearing Moyes I really am very scared about it. I wasn't sure whether to post this here or the depression related thread.

Can anyone tell me if there's been any developments etc, anyposts from @The Esk or that Mole fella. Really cba reading through all the pages been out all day.

Anyone care to give me a brief synopsis please, a sensible one?

Can anyone tell me if there's been any developments etc, anyposts from @The Esk or that Mole fella. Really cba reading through all the pages been out all day.

its easier if you save there post history and go through there posts mate,saves you the time to go back 1800 odd pages

Esk said Pellagrini was not, or no longer, a candidate.

Mole has said zippo, so fully expect him to break the Pellagrini news in 30 minutes.

And I have lost a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back