Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole board thing i would completely agree pre Moshiri, however we don't know the level of ambition the man is going to show with us yet. Kenwright's level of ambition was to "be a good club" (even though that was in elstones presentation).

For all we know, Moshiri might fully believe in our motto - and might not take no for an answer. With a bit of ambition, and someone actually selling the club without making the major decisions we might be in with a chance.

I don't think it'll happen, its a massive pipe dream - but people saying his ego would not accept managing Everton i think is way off the mark. In my opinion like.
Moshiri might, yes... but Signs do seem to point towards (for the moment at least) Bill still being at the forefront of a lot of decisions. Personally I think it's unlikely that José would even be sounded out, but i'd love to be wrong.

As for the bold part, it's all opinion, obviously, but i'd be interested to know why and how you come to that opinion. The man has an ego the size of Jupiter, can't see him seeing himself anywhere below the very top level.

Jose needs bigger stage for his ego. Dont waste your thoughts on him.

I quess same goes with Mancini /Pellegrini calibre of manarers....unless Mosh really kicks the big gear in and is willing to pay big money for them...who knows. ..interesting times

I quess same goes with Mancini /Pellegrini calibre of manarers....unless Mosh really kicks the big gear in and is willing to pay big money for them...who knows. ..interesting times
Not sure about Pelligrini and big ego, he. Is known has the charming man,which I think suits him.JMO like.

Yep for Jose to keep winning stuff, he need the top clubs with world class players as it easier to win stuff, why would he risk his rep as a club which will be more challenging.

Moshiri might, yes... but Signs do seem to point towards (for the moment at least) Bill still being at the forefront of a lot of decisions. Personally I think it's unlikely that José would even be sounded out, but i'd love to be wrong.

As for the bold part, it's all opinion, obviously, but i'd be interested to know why and how you come to that opinion. The man has an ego the size of Jupiter, can't see him seeing himself anywhere below the very top level.

Like i say its a pipe dream - but it all comes down to the ambition of the club moving forward if Martinez gets removed from his post.

I think Jose is a winner, i think that despite he has been at some of the biggest clubs in the world - the challenge of winning something with a club drives him to absolute distraction. Everyone goes on about Chelsea, Real, Inter, but the job he done at Porto was brilliant, from the players he had the money he spent and the teams they beat.

Having listened to him during a FA dinner night in person, and watch him spend 2 hours after it finished to speak to whoever wanted to speak to him and take photos with him, i think his ego has been massively over inflated by the press, who he happily creates conflict with to protect his players at any club he has been at.

If Newcastle could attract benitez then we could certainly attract a Mancini/Pellegrini, the prem is changing with the TV cash any of the 20 clubs could afford to spend more cash in the transfer window than your Inter Milans now. I just think any new manager search will be left to Kenwright and we'll be stuck with a Eddie Howe/Mark Hughes.

At this stage we don't know what level of ambition Moshiri and the board will have moving forward. For all we know he is the type of man who doesn't take no for an answer. We pay good wages for managers - not top 10 like, but we aren't exactly scraping the barrel to give wages away - Martinez is the 15th top paid manager in the world.....

worry first about the amount of ambition at the Club required to sack Martinez... sacked sooner = more ambition
If they pass that test, then worry about if the amount of ambition to get a top class replacement... bigger ambition = bigger (proper) name

CfY5WWXWsAAIEbT.jpg

And it begins.

I highly doubt mourinho but one things for certain if his appointment didn't banish the players inferiority complex whenever we play Liverpool then we will be stuck with it for an eternity if not forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back