Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If (not a very big if) Roberto goes then I'd much rather suffer the rest of the season with him and get the right man in, as opposed to getting rid for the sake of it and getting a 'he'll do' in. "BUT ANY1 IS BETTER THAN BOBBY LAD" is a daft way to think and is short termism.

The 3rd option would be using one of the current staff as a caretaker manager. I'd rather not go down that route as they never seem to work out. Caretaker managers always seem to get bombarded with speculation about taking the job on full time (something they'd obviously be interested in) and they often leave the club when they don't get the job permanently. Someone like Sheedy or Unsworth spring to mind and they're ace at what they do. I'd rather us not spoil that.

I'd rather we didn't go for an 'up and coming' manager this time. I think we should go all out and try and get the very best we can get. It'd send a message of intent at the very least.

He wouldn't come anyway but I wouldn't want Mourinho here. Yes he's good with a cheque book but he'd ruin out youth set up.

Well if you were Tuchel, you would stay in Gemany, its much safer.

Aim high tho mate, I like that, I mean Tuchel is no more out of reach as Jose.

Skys the limit my frandel.

12th in the league opens up a vast array of top class managers willing to carry on the outstanding work.

You got to aim high. The barcodes went and got themselves a champions league winner didn't they, so we got no reason to feel inferior.

image.webp

Did he integrate or sign any young players? How was the squad when he left as it seems that he brought Jese and Varane into the Real team and similar at Porto but otherwise at Chelsea he didnt favour young lads....i think Essien and Cech may be exceptions....as well as the english core he didnt replace.

The only youth development he did was getting rid of Ballotelli.
Schneider was the youngest regular I think at 25.
He got a lot of players at the peaks of their careers to another level.

Said with blue-tinted spectacles obviously, but if I were an ambitious manager looking for a new challenge, I'd seriously consider Everton. Looking at Everton objectively, the base of a very good squad is already in place, strong academy, funds to invest (allegedly), underachieving.

Mancini is 8/1 with paddy power to be his replacement. Mind, moyes is favourite and Hibbert is 20/1. Also the odds of Martinez getting sacked before the seasons out have halfed in the last few days. Fingers crossed

The way it's going we need a thread and a poll for who is going to take over as caretaker manager for the rest of the season

Like UOTE="JimmyJeffers, post: 4360846, member: 29308"]Mancini is 8/1 with paddy power to be his replacement. Mind, moyes is favourite and Hibbert is 20/1. Also the odds of Martinez getting sacked before the seasons out have halfed in the last few days. Fingers crossed[/QUOTE]
Liked the sack bit not mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back