Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nutty stuff on this thread. Simeone/Mourinho aren't coming to Goodison. Pellegrini's the one PL manager whose done a worse job than Martinez (apart from McLaren obvs) and Mancini, Jesus.

If he goes we should be looking at Pochettino type profile - De Boer, Emery, Garcia, Villas Boas.

Some nutty stuff on this thread. Simeone/Mourinho aren't coming to Goodison. Pellegrini's the one PL manager whose done a worse job than Martinez (apart from McLaren obvs) and Mancini, Jesus.

If he goes we should be looking at Pochettino type profile - De Boer, Emery, Garcia, Villas Boas.

Talking about nutty stuff...Emery is maybe the hottest manager in the world. We'd get Mourinho hundred times before than even get a sniff out of Emery

we may as well have the Yak bak
Not a bad idea. He's only 28-29 now right?

I very much doubt that RM will go. As I'm sure it's been stated earlier, Bill loves RM & Moshi is listening to Bill. I think it'd be a done deal that he'll be given a chance with the funding but I have concerns that it will be money poorly spent.

I'd definitely have Mancini. I think he bought well at City and has plenty of experience of winning as both a player and manager. He totally transformed City, took them to Old Trafford and won 6-1, ended up winning a championship with a last minute goal in the last game of the season, preventing their arch rivals to the championship.

He oversaw the end of the 'Typical City' ingrained negativity that was once prevalent at City, and is now prevalent at Everton with this horrendous 'Everton that' saying that is used whenever we fall on our arse. I'd like him to oversee a similar revolution at Everton.

The problem is that he isn't out of contract until next year I think, so we would have to pay compensation in the event that we could actually attract him. He is also being linked with a small club from North London: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/658288/Roberto-Mancini-quit-job-Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-axe

That's why I think Pellegrini is far more realistic. He will be out of contract, available and living down the road at exactly the same time that we will sack Martinez. No compensation will be needed.

Your optimistic aren't you, it was only 2-3 weeks ago that our chairman was telling us he thought to himself "what a manager"

Unless Moshiri takes the bull by the horns and wields the axe I can't see him going anywhere unfortunately.

Your optimistic aren't you, it was only 2-3 weeks ago that our chairman was telling us he thought to himself "what a manager"

Unless Moshiri takes the bull by the horns and wields the axe I can't see him going anywhere unfortunately.

Moshiri will avoid drastic actions for a while ....but at some point he will start to make decisions based on results. But if we keep losing he might get enough sooner than we think.

Martinez > Mancini.

I'd have Pellegrini though.

Yeah what has Mancini ever done eh!

Won 5 Italian cups with 3 seperate teams, 1 FA Cup, 1 Turkish Cup
Won the Italian league 3 times, won the Premiership

Basically gets sacked due to his European form which is honestly crap, not on his performance in the leagues and cups which is outstanding everywhere he has been

Not my cup of tea like, but to try make out a no mark like Martinez is a better manager is absolutely laughable

Realistic managers we are gonna be fishing from the pool of will be ones who are out of work atm after their last job turned sour (think FSW going to Newcastle etc - that is the only chance to open up the ultra slim chance of a Mourinho calibre manager being available to us), ones who've stagnated at their clubs and can't take them any further (think ones who've hit the glass ceiling - think Emre at Seville or when Moyes wanted the Spurs job etc), International managers looking to get back into club football (Conte going to Chelsea etc - opens up the likes of Low etc) or taking one whose had sucess albeit in a lower quality/profile league (Cocu/DeBoer types) other than that we have the older nearing the last job or two of their careers (Pelligrini/Hiddink would fall into that group - the way Leicester nabbed Ranieri i guess)

Realistic managers we are gonna be fishing from the pool of will be ones who are out of work atm after their last job turned sour (think FSW going to Newcastle etc - that is the only chance to open up the ultra slim chance of a Mourinho calibre manager being available to us), ones who've stagnated at their clubs and can't take them any further (think ones who've hit the glass ceiling - think Emre at Seville or when Moyes wanted the Spurs job etc), International managers looking to get back into club football (Conte going to Chelsea etc - opens up the likes of Low etc) or taking one whose had sucess albeit in a lower quality/profile league (Cocu/DeBoer types) other than that we have the older nearing the last job or two of their careers (Pelligrini/Hiddink would fall into that group - the way Leicester nabbed Ranieri i guess)
There's some top managers in there though. The other thing that I think is in our favour is what's happening in the league at the minute. Because of the increased revenue a lot more teams are competing and how good you do appears to how well you can manage. It's no longer just having a massive transfer budget that dwarfs your competitors. In that situation managing in the Premiership becomes more attractive I think.

I still reckon Bills "What a manager" was his dramatic "dreaded vote of confidence" in his luvee over the top way. I'm sure he likes Bobby but he supports Everton first (some will debate this) and knows his boy's not up to it. If Bobby's lost the dressing room, and I believe he has, he won't make it past the start of the Euros imo.

There's some top managers in there though. The other thing that I think is in our favour is what's happening in the league at the minute. Because of the increased revenue a lot more teams are competing and how good you do appears to how well you can manage. It's no longer just having a massive transfer budget that dwarfs your competitors. In that situation managing in the Premiership becomes more attractive I think.

I think also the last twenty years had beaten down a lot of our fans to the stage where they think the likes of Moyes/Martinez etc are all we could attract when in fact we could and probably should have targeted a much higher profile and succesful manager a whilst back, althugh if you look at the wages we paid our managers - we where paying very very highly for ones who had done nothing to deserve those salaries (buying their towing the line maybe)

We didn't ofc and a huge reason was the board back then wanted a manager they could more easily control, who'd accept the 'way things work at Everton' if you like, with the last two they got that, but now we have been bought out by an owner who actually has ambition the model of our appoitments manager wise has been blown out the water, the reason for the profile of manager we have went for no longer exists.

Throw in we have right now some very attractive players that other clubs want - we have money for the first time in donkeys years, and the profile itself of the league has been rising massively internatinally, then it is a perfect storm in terms of the right time to break the moulde for us and go big on a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back