Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still reckon Bills "What a manager" was his dramatic "dreaded vote of confidence" in his luvee over the top way. I'm sure he likes Bobby but he supports Everton first (some will debate this) and knows his boy's not up to it. If Bobby's lost the dressing room, and I believe he has, he won't make it past the start of the Euros imo.

Cried when he sold Rooney - despite the fact he pushed the deal as hard as he could to get it done
Cried when he sacked Smith - despite the fact he had given him his assurances 6 months earlier

Bill knows how to sell a good story, only thing i disagree with is it hink rather than deciding his times up, that Bill has been told Martinez time is up by the new owner, who will let him play out his little PR/Acting charade till the time comes

Your optimistic aren't you, it was only 2-3 weeks ago that our chairman was telling us he thought to himself "what a manager"

Unless Moshiri takes the bull by the horns and wields the axe I can't see him going anywhere unfortunately.

If we were to win the cup, then I accept that we couldn't sack Martinez. But if we don't, and we continue with Martinez for another year, then it means that Moshiri shares the same level of no ambition that has been plaguing this club for 15 years.

We are a big club imo, but we haven't been acting like one for decades, and our status as a big club has already dwindled significantly. It's going to dwindle even further if we fail to take advantage of this level playing field.

Some nutty stuff on this thread. Simeone/Mourinho aren't coming to Goodison. Pellegrini's the one PL manager whose done a worse job than Martinez (apart from McLaren obvs) and Mancini, Jesus.

If he goes we should be looking at Pochettino type profile - De Boer, Emery, Garcia, Villas Boas.

How has Pellegrini done a worse job than Martinez? He's won them the league and two league cups, and taken them to the QF of the Champions League, with a very real possibility of taking them to the Semi-Finals. The slide in league form this season also coincides with the announcement that he is being replaced in a few months time. And they still occupy 4th place in the league right now.

How is that worse than Martinez having the worst home form in Everton's history, and occupying 12th place with danger of slipping further, and has yet to win a single trophy with Everton?

The objective of our next manager should be to finish in the CL qualifying places, something which I think either of Mancini or Pellegrini could achieve. Emery would be great but he can't speak English.

Look at Rudi Garcia who is one of the top upcoming managers and struggled at villa abut then again maybe no manager could have saved villa right now.

We won't get anyway near Jose, simeone. Maybe we have a chance with pellegrini but not been impressed with him at city. His best work is before city. But i would not be unhappy if we got him as he is not clueless.

Look at Rudi Garcia who is one of the top upcoming managers and struggled at villa abut then again maybe no manager could have saved villa right now.

We won't get anyway near Jose, simeone. Maybe we have a chance with pellegrini but not been impressed with him at city. His best work is before city. But i would not be unhappy if we got him as he is not clueless.
Just imagine going to the pit,with Simeone our manager, wow.

Remi Garde mate, rudi garcia was roma

This should have been remi garde

Bringing back Moyes is becoming the obvious option

His comments on his first return to Goodison, following an unwarranted hostile reception:

“I wasn’t surprised, because I know how supporters react and I had left their club. But I was disappointed.

“I got Everton competing at the top end of the league with a mid-table budget. I gave everything I could in trying to make Everton the best I could. It was a long process but we did it – my staff, my players and others at the club.

“We had some glorious nights at Goodison and the fans were superb. I’ve got huge affection for Everton, it was my life for over a decade.”

Bringing back Moyes is becoming the obvious option

His comments on his first return to Goodison, following an unwarranted hostile reception:

“I wasn’t surprised, because I know how supporters react and I had left their club. But I was disappointed.

“I got Everton competing at the top end of the league with a mid-table budget. I gave everything I could in trying to make Everton the best I could. It was a long process but we did it – my staff, my players and others at the club.

“We had some glorious nights at Goodison and the fans were superb. I’ve got huge affection for Everton, it was my life for over a decade.”

That ginger weapon can Koff right off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back