Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini spent just under £300 million and won 1 league title and an FA cup while managing to get knocked out of the Europa Leauge by Dynamo Kiev, and getting knocked out of the champs league at the group stage on two occasions.

At the same time he pretty much had a player revolt towards the end of his time at the club. Considering how much money he had to spend I'd say he was relatively unsuccessful at Man City, which was why he was sacked.

Some managers are underated because they're not at big clubs while some are overated as they've only had success at mega rich clubs, which they only got appointed to due to their reputation as a player. I don't think Mancini is a bad manager I just think he's overated.

I'd definitely have Mancini. I think he bought well at City and has plenty of experience of winning as both a player and manager. He totally transformed City, took them to Old Trafford and won 6-1, ended up winning a championship with a last minute goal in the last game of the season, preventing their arch rivals to the championship.

He oversaw the end of the 'Typical City' ingrained negativity that was once prevalent at City, and is now prevalent at Everton with this horrendous 'Everton that' saying that is used whenever we fall on our arse. I'd like him to oversee a similar revolution at Everton.

The problem is that he isn't out of contract until next year I think, so we would have to pay compensation in the event that we could actually attract him. He is also being linked with a small club from North London: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/658288/Roberto-Mancini-quit-job-Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-axe

That's why I think Pellegrini is far more realistic. He will be out of contract, available and living down the road at exactly the same time that we will sack Martinez. No compensation will be needed.

If there's any truth we have mega amounts of money (I'm reserving any judgement until I see solid evidence of this, words are wind), Simeone is the guy we should be breaking the bank for.

He's the real deal, earns the respect of his players and is one of the few truly great managers who can take on teams that are vastly outspending him.

But if you hire him knowing he'll give you three years of success before imploding, wouldn't you take that. It gives you three years to find the next guy. Hire someone to coach the u21s and be ready to take the big job when called.
tbh mate, I would take anyone right now....So sick of hearing the same ol [Poor language removed] from ol bobbins every week. If Jose's in...im in

After Moyes we knew we had a bit of building to do on our attacking front, Now we need defenders ? after the summer we will loose Lukaku so presumably we also need a 25 goal a season striker too. I hope Moshiri has a huge cheque book

it's a good point, Lets hop we play hardball. He will want to go, I wouldnt want to stop him, Lets be honest a hard working Lukaku is a must, A want away one, well... we may as well have the Yak bak
3 years remaining on his contract, 22 years old. I think the club is right in slapping the supposed 65m tag.
And even then, I would only sell to a CL team, and overseas. Man U and Chelsea can do one.
Lukaku thread though..

Is Simeone being lined up by anyone? Likely to stay at Atletico?

Realise it's complete fantasy to think he might come here but I can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back