Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's the point though you wouldn't get it. If he can only just manage it with that Man City side when they had by far the best team in the league, then he isn't going to have Everton winning the league is he?!

I honestly don't expect us to be challenging for the title mate, I just want a manager who can have this team challenging for top 4 or at minimum top 6 (which is basically any top name manager out there).

People are underestimating just how poor we are under Martinez, and in reality how poor a manager he was before given the job (consistent relegation battles at Wigan then eventual relegation) and now 2 consecutive bottom half finishes with a top 6 quality squad and 2nd highest goalscorer in the league in Rom.

...I'm amazed you're so sure TBH mate.
I just think the new shareholder would want to be seen as someone who doesn't intervene in that side of things without very good cause and can't see Kenwright changing things while there's some upheaval elsewhere.
Gut feeling is he'll go towards end of next season when he's identified a new job and us a long term replacement

I honestly don't expect us to be challenging for the title mate, I just want a manager who can have this team challenging for top 4 or at minimum top 6 (which is basically any top name manager out there).

People are underestimating just how poor we are under Martinez, and in reality how poor a manager he was before given the job (consistent relegation battles at Wigan then eventual relegation) and now 2 consecutive bottom half finishes with a top 6 quality squad and 2nd highest goalscorer in the league in Rom.

This, if we lose badly to Watford I will be amazed if he is not sacked, FA Cup or not, we have more chance winning it without him!

Haha, Mourinho to The Deva.....

For me, whether Mourinho, Mancini or , that's all. Nothing personal against Eddie Howe, maybe he's one for the future, but for now we need a manager with a proven track record at the very very top.

That's why I suggested (albeit only half seriously) Pellegrini - he's won leagues and cups.

Its a no for pelligrini from me.

Mourinho the only concern is the short termism and Mancini i despise.

why is anyone arsed with Jose, He wont stay anywhere for any longer than 3 seasons. I am seriously tempted to back Moyes now. Guaranteed better league position. I want the ginger lad back home, I was teased with greatness from Martinez but now I'm gagging for dogs of war. Oh how weve fallen.

Its a no for pelligrini from me.

Mourinho the only concern is the short termism and Mancini i despise.

So basically you would turn your nose down on all those managers who would guarantee us much happier weekends and European football/trophies but would keep that utter clown Roberto cuz he likes the young players and wears brown shoes.

I despise Martinez pal he's single handedly ruining all the good work done at this club over the last decade.

Koeman
pelligrini
mancini

i just dont get it....koeman wasnt great before southampton....pelligrini hasnt smashed down doors ar city....mancini is an attractive yet arrogant nonentity.

Mourinho would be the one of course but who is the next mourinho? I think tuchel would be first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back