Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres not a single manager in the world that wouldnt be an upgrade on the manager we currently have.

We have a very decent squad and we sit in 12th, looking at the players and our recent results and performances im convinced that hes trying everything he can to relegate us, maybe he thinks if he could get us into The Championship his job would become easier?

Koeman
pelligrini
mancini

i just dont get it....koeman wasnt great before southampton....pelligrini hasnt smashed down doors ar city....mancini is an attractive yet arrogant nonentity.

Mourinho would be the one of course but who is the next mourinho? I think tuchel would be first choice.

Think its probably the great job koeman has done considering the players and near rebuilding job he has done near season in season out.

I honestly don't expect us to be challenging for the title mate, I just want a manager who can have this team challenging for top 4 or at minimum top 6 (which is basically any top name manager out there).

People are underestimating just how poor we are under Martinez, and in reality how poor a manager he was before given the job (consistent relegation battles at Wigan then eventual relegation) and now 2 consecutive bottom half finishes with a top 6 quality squad and 2nd highest goalscorer in the league in Rom.
I'm not saying we should be winning the league, I'm just saying that I don't rate Mancini that highly just because he managed to win the league with Man City. He would be an improvement on Martinez but that doesn't mean too much.

Mancini for me, built a team at city with money, won the league and cup.

Pellegrini is a poo shout, bought some crap at city for a lot of money

Theres not a single manager in the world that wouldnt be an upgrade on the manager we currently have.

We have a very decent squad and we sit in 12th, looking at the players and our recent results and performances im convinced that hes trying everything he can to relegate us, maybe he thinks if he could get us into The Championship his job would become easier?

Owen Coyle? :coffee:

why is anyone arsed with Jose, He wont stay anywhere for any longer than 3 seasons. I am seriously tempted to back Moyes now. Guaranteed better league position. I want the ginger lad back home, I was teased with greatness from Martinez but now I'm gagging for dogs of war. Oh how weve fallen.
But if you hire him knowing he'll give you three years of success before imploding, wouldn't you take that. It gives you three years to find the next guy. Hire someone to coach the u21s and be ready to take the big job when called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back