Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF solid????? lol

He overstayed his welcome. He failed to win anything in 11 years. He came 7th usually. 7th ffs???

He left. He became a tit. He was utterly pathetic at United. He showed he hasn't a clue about modern football in Spain.

We have a fan base deeply impatient and yearning for success. And you want David Moyes?

Absurd? Yes in the extreme.

We need a new boss who can give us that needed boost heading into a semi final. Not someone who would cause uproar and cause a riot lol
Moyesey did better then any of the several managers before him throughout the 90's - maybe you weren't a fan at that time and didn't have to endure that period - Moyes is limited but did a lot for Everton - can't believe I'm having to spell that out

Moyesey did better then any of the several managers before him throughout the 90's - maybe you weren't a fan at that time and didn't have to endure that period - Moyes is limited but did a lot for Everton - can't believe I'm having to spell that out

Well I'm 22 so Moyes was the majority of my Everton supporting life. But I'm not arguing he did a reasonable job. He did ok in the circumstances.

But to suggest he's the right option to take us forward in the current enviornment is absolutely absurd. I've seen enough football to know he's way below the level we need. Us being piss throughout lots of the 90's is completely irrelevant to this debate too.

Well I'm 22 so Moyes was the majority of my Everton supporting life. But I'm not arguing he did a reasonable job. He did ok in the circumstances.

But to suggest he's the right option to take us forward in the current enviornment is absolutely absurd. I've seen enough football to know he's way below the level we need. Us being piss throughout lots of the 90's is completely irrelevant to this debate too.

Well there you go - when Moyes took over you were c.8 years old - the equivalent of being born with a silver spoon in Everton fan terms - the 90's years of relegation battles were grim believe me

My point is Moyes is given an overly harsh time given what he did for the club - it seems to defy logic and be largely based on a couple of incidents (the Baines / Fellaini episode for one) that got people's backs up and made them wipe the previous 20 years from their memories

We can and should aim higher now with the Moshiri money available - there has to be a step change to lift everyone's spirits and retain the top players

Well there you go - when Moyes took over you were c.8 years old - the equivalent of being born with a silver spoon in Everton fan terms - the 90's years of relegation battles were grim believe me

My point is Moyes is given an overly harsh time given what he did for the club - it seems to defy logic and be largely based on a couple of incidents (the Baines / Fellaini episode for one) that got people's backs up and made them wipe the previous 20 years from their memories

We can and should aim higher now with the Moshiri money available - there has to be a step change to lift everyone's spirits and retain the top players

You were alive to see Everton win the league? I have the exact same chat to my Dad. He tells me to calm down but he's seen us win the league multiple times!

Wouldn't call it a silver spoon!

You were alive to see Everton win the league? I have the exact same chat to my Dad. He tells me to calm down but he's seen us win the league multiple times!

Wouldn't call it a silver spoon!

I guess the point is not taking relative success (on limited resources) for granted - it's easier to appreciate that having felt the pain of years of relegation fights, made worse on the back of the highs of the 80's. Sometimes achieving success isn't pretty - look at the Mourinho teams. And plenty of former 'big clubs' have lost their way - the championship is littered with former premiership teams - Villa will be joining them - tough to get back up from there

I don't think many people would disagree we can aim higher now - except those still fervently backing Martinez maybe. It's an important time - good decisions need to be made in the next few months

Is it really 'absurd' to want to bring back a manager who delivered solid league performance year on year? Unpopular with most of the fan base at present, yes, but absurd is an extreme term here. He struggled to crack the top four and win against top of the table sides. But who knows with more money and some better attacking players he might crack it

Totally agree
If we can't get Jose or Pellegrini then Moyes is the clear choice.....
I hadn't really thought much about Moyes but I agree .... What he was always missing was a quality consistent striker ..... He almost never lost a game from 2 up
Give him thus squad including Rom and I would bet my last dollar we would be pushing top 4

We need a winner a big named manager who's won things.

I hadn't really thought much about Moyes but I agree .... What he was always missing was a quality consistent striker ..... He almost never lost a game from 2 up
Give him thus squad including Rom and I would bet my last dollar we would be pushing top 4
Exactly! That was what he always missed - for years - solid defending but lacked a top draw striker

Martinez solved that straight away, plus brought a wave of optimism of a new era, in fans and players who enjoyed a break from the tough discipline of the Moyes regime. But over time ill discipline kicked in. A poor pre-season in 14/15 after Martinez spent the summer commentating in Brazil and all down hill from there

Jose in todays papers saying he wants to go "Where I'm truly wanted". Rules out Utd so, half the club don't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back