Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unai Emery for me too. Has won trophies. Is passionate but not overly controlling like Jose for example (mourinho for me is a 100% no). You will get intensity from his teams and they will always be well prepared.

The point on him having somebody above him managing signings is a good one though. Unlikely to be the same here unless they make a structural change under Moshiri.

Do people know for sure he has no English?

....reluctantly accepting Martinez is not going to turn this around in time to save himself. I don't expect us to make the final with the current zombie mode we are in.

The language thing is something that has been often quoted in articles linking him with a move to the premiership - so have to figure it has substance

Plus it really is a utterly different culture to any western european ones as well, not something that bothers me on his record tbh - the language barrier is a concern and really the only one i do have - english managers abroad have shown how badly that can impact the ability to do the job - Moyes and Neville being recent examples

Poch doesn't speak English either. It is a concern but by no means a central factor.

yes
And Martinez admits losing the attacking midfielder was a blow, as he had been so influential in the first half.

"He had a knock and he couldn't really stretch his legs in the second half," the Spanish boss said. "That was a real disappointment as I thought he looked really fresh.

"He created a real problem to the Watford defence, and I don't think they could cope with his movement and his understanding of the space.”

Martinez speaking about Ross Barkley yesterday, yeah the same Barkley who was utterly anonomous until taken off, the bloke is taking it to new levels of delusion
unbelievable isn't it. has been needing a rest for a month and will be burnt out for next season if woy plays him in the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back