Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, I wonder how that will affect our star players? All 3 are young and Koeman doesn't shirk from youngsters although Ward-Prowse didn't get much game time last season.
Perhaps Koeman was given an assurance that Stones & Lukaku would not be sold ...he endured enough quality youngsters being sold from under his feet over the past 2 seasons

Rom is gone I reckon, but I bet Mosh has spun that into a positive and said whatever you get for him you can add to the existing £100m. Nobody else will leave.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty gutted we've missed out on Emery.

Yes, Koeman was Moshiri's no.1 choice, but what is that founded on?

Between him and Emery, Emery clearly wins. As soon as Emery became 'available' he should of become Moshiris no.1 choice. We should of gone all out to get him.

Still Koeman is a good manager and we could of been far, far worse off.

Just don't like having that 'what if' situation.

Had two separate confirmations that Koeman deal is "done" - he was clearly Moshiri's #1 target at the beginning of the process even though it looked like he'd lost that position when Emery became a possibility and received an offer.

Assuming the DoF is sorted quickly we are in a fantastic position to enjoy the summer, re-vamp the squad, hopefully keep our major players and obviously buy some genuine talent with the funds Moshiri is making available to the club.

It's another step in the process of turning us into a truly competitive club once more. So much to look forward to!

Many thanks for all your invaluable info mate but I have to ask, was they the very high profile manager that the media think we can't attract appointment you'd have hoped / thought was going to happen about 1000 pages ago?
I am not knocking you at all but this appointment doesn't exactly do it for me on that level mate

We may as well have swerved the Dutch Moyes and got the real deal. Especially considering the real one was gagging for it, he's frothing at the mouth for a bit of Farhad's wang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back