Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious. They will never hire him after his time at valencia.

Stop posting tripe!

You haven't got a clue who Barcelona directors will appoint. Not everybody has a closed mind like you and appreciate what people did 8 years ago is not massively relevant as people develop with age and experience.

Honestly Zat, you don't like his possible appointment we get it, but don't back it up by putting ridiculous claims and statements and things that he did 8 years ago to back your dislike of him. It makes you come across a bit small minded.

I don't think the managerial situation at Everton holds much interest at all for the wider media. If there was a vacancy at one of the darling clubs they would be all over every rumour and claim.

Apart from the Dutch media, local journalists, and the normal copy and paste articles in the daily rags, I'm surprised at the low level of attention. But not bothered in the slightest.

The club have also been very professional in this instance. Only the odd little leak here and there to keep enough interest up and stop the fans revolting.

It's only been two weeks since the season ended, and I was sure we were always going to get somebody secured before the start of the Euros. Hopefully, it all gets wrapped up quickly now.

Anyone saying Koeman is just Moyes is being harsh. Yes Moyes also had a small budget but we very rarely sold our best players. And when we did it was 1 at a time and for a very good fee.

Southampton get raided every summer and lose multiple key players. When Koeman took over a tweet he posted showing an empty training pitch caused a comedic stir because Southampton had sold so many players. We've lost only Rooney, Lescott, a past it Arteta and Fellaini in over ten years. And Victor Anichebe of course.

Anyone saying Koeman is just Moyes is being harsh. Yes Moyes also had a small budget but we very rarely sold our best players. And when we did it was 1 at a time and for a very good fee.

Southampton get raided every summer and lose multiple key players. When Koeman took over a tweet he posted showing an empty training pitch caused a comedic stir because Southampton had sold so many players. We've lost only Rooney, Lescott, a past it Arteta and Fellaini in over ten years. And Victor Anichebe of course.
The league was also a LOT less competitive (outside of the locked-in top 4) than it is now.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Koeman didn't have a "patchy" record before he went to Southampton mate. Did some good things but there are plenty of things you could find to criticise him about.

From what I've read, he seemed to find more consistency at Feyenoord before he came to England and in the last two years at Southampton the only real blemish I can see on his record has been shipping 6 goals at home to Liverpool (and if he does that here, I'll want his head on a spike the following morning). His Southampton side have played good football, whilst having to deal with key players leaving, and had a remarkable defensive record. That's good enough for me. We can give him more resources to see if he can expand that good work.

Nobody I can see is suggesting he's the perfect candidate (I'd have preferred Emery if I'm being honest), but you're really only highlighting the mistakes he made earlier in his career rather than accepting his more recent successes.

Exactly. Also, Moyes had a very healthy wage budget at the club.

Those doubting Koeman watch him here on MNF from 13mins on, he's a top manager in this league, he'll sort the defending, that's all we need.

Impressive interview. Some very clear differences with ofm. Adjusts his system based on the quality pf players and the opponents. Values practicing set pieces and says it's good to have a strong forward as sometimes to ball needs to be played long when the defenders are being pressed. If Roberto had embraced these philosophies he might still be here.

Hes imploded at every club other than feyenoord and southampton where nothing was expected of him.

He didn't implode at Ajax or PSV...

He didn't really implode at Benfica either.

In fact, the only time he 'imploded' was Valencia (8 years ago, still won a cup), and then he struggled straight after that at AZ.

Took a spell out of management and quite clearly re-assessed his thinking to stabilise Feyenoord. Then, in a tough job that many believed would see Sotton go down/battle relegation, got 7th place in his first season in England - adapting his style as he did so.

Second season, after a slow start but with more expectation, he then managed a second-straight record points total and to finish 3 points adrift of the CL places (something we haven't managed in donkey's years). All the while having dealt with a raft of the best players been sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back