Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he joined Feyenoord five years ago now?

He's learned his lessons - that much is obvious. Nobody at Southampton seems unhappy with him? His style much more likely suits the English game than Spanish as well.

Well come on mate, AJAX are always favourites, really. They have the biggest budget and best academy. Still, achieving what FDB did with them is no small feat, but I've read enough up on him and got information from enough dutch footy experts to believe he wouldn't be the best man for us right now.

Cocu looks to be a great up and coming manager, but by the looks of it hasn't signalled his intent to move and is happy to keep getting experience with PSV (especially given they are once again in the CL).

AZ had a bigger budget than ajax when he took over...you know the side koeman was sacked from after a couple of months who had won the league the year before under mclaren :)

Cocu i think is destined for big things...

Comparitively feyenoord at the time were a massive step down to previous sides who were all favourites for the league other than valencia who expected 3rd place..

he was consideres a success there as he stabalized them and did the same i suppose with southampton.

Would i consider his last 4 years successful or disasterous, not really. So why should he be championed as a top manager when hes not massively exceeded expectations anywhere and had far more failures than successes. When he fails its epic and when he succeeds its from stabalizing teams and keeping their position in the league.

AZ had a bigger budget than ajax when he took over...you know the side koeman was sacked from after a couple of months who had won the league the year before under mclaren :)

Cocu i think is destined for big things...

Comparitively feyenoord at the time were a massive step down to previous sides who were all favourites for the league other than valencia who expected 3rd place..

he was consideres a success there as he stabalized them and did the same i suppose with southampton.

Would i consider his last 4 years successful or disasterous, not really. So why should he be championed as a top manager when hes not massively exceeded expectations anywhere and had far more failures than successes. When he fails its epic and when he succeeds its from stabalizing teams and keeping their position in the league.

You what mate???? Steve McLaren never managed AZ...

And he hasn't just 'stabilised' Sotton though has he?

he's exceeded expectations as he's made them into genuine contenders for top six. Pochettino had one season of finishing 8th, and got a move to Spurs (who finished 6th).

So by the very definition, RK has improved Sotton in the last two years...

View attachment 24276 View attachment 24277

There is a hell of a lot of negativity regarding Keoman's potential appointment and a lot of it is caused by the disappointment of not landing Emery. Most contributors on here had not even heard of Emery til a few weeks ago, then he became flavour of the month. Apart from his cup wins, his record is not as impressive as Keoman's. And look what happened last time we appointed a manager on the strength of a cup win.

I'm pretty sure Ted that about 90% of people on GOT knew who Emery was mate, winning the Europa 2 times on the spin tends to get you noticed and winning the 3rd just enhanced his reputation.

Anyone saying Koeman is just Moyes is being harsh. Yes Moyes also had a small budget but we very rarely sold our best players. And when we did it was 1 at a time and for a very good fee.

Southampton get raided every summer and lose multiple key players. When Koeman took over a tweet he posted showing an empty training pitch caused a comedic stir because Southampton had sold so many players. We've lost only Rooney, Lescott, a past it Arteta and Fellaini in over ten years. And Victor Anichebe of course.

Still mourning this loss.

Stop posting tripe!

You haven't got a clue who Barcelona directors will appoint. Not everybody has a closed mind like you and appreciate what people did 8 years ago is not massively relevant as people develop with age and experience.

Honestly Zat, you don't like his possible appointment we get it, but don't back it up by putting ridiculous claims and statements and things that he did 8 years ago to back your dislike of him. It makes you come across a bit small minded.

So you think David Moyes and Neville have a chance then....ok mate.

Hes a laughing stock in spain till now...perhaps you dont realise how badly he did there. Every single opposition sides fans cheered him and sang about him stayig....his players all hated him and 3 opened court cases....he i considered their worst manager of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back