Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Na
New club New era new chapter and all that. I know we won't get him but if the opportunity arrived to get someone of his skill - a winner on so many levels we would have to try. Imagine the message it would send if moshri went for Jose and got him! - wow
nah. Can't see it.
Sorry.

I am not sure what your getting at. You don't think Hiddink if give a full time position could have long and short term plans?
He's 69 years of age, will probably thinking of retiring soon, hasn't had a club job longer than 4 seasons since PSV about 10 years ago

Pass.

With respect, based on what?

Nothing more than my thoughts.

If the club are actively seeking new manager as per comments this morning, Martinez has offered to resign and there is clear discord between staff and management then why would we keep him on.

This is our best chance to win something for many years and the club may realise that under the current manager there is disharmony and results aren't forthcoming. Removing him now offers a new lease of life to players and fans going into important ten days.

Akin to when Sunderland appointed Di Canio the club may feel the bounce a new man in charge (probably from within temporarily) can give going into the next few weeks.

Gives the club time to get man in for next year and gives the players and squad a lift.

Palace have lost 6 from 7 last home games. There is growing unrest within our club.

How much lower can we get? Risk losing handsomely in the Derby or Martinez having to play top team to fight for his job three days before semi? What happens then?

Why keep him on when we're already talking to candidates and results aren't forthcoming ?

Martinez has a long term contract. Whilst he is a nice guy (terrible manager) and a very charming bloke i can't imagine he'd give up a lucrative pay off by handing in his notice. This is a man who has blamed ref's, oppositions tactics, opposition players, our own players and our own fan rather than his awful tactics.

The more I think of Mourinho, the more I think no. he is a pretty classless individual as he has shown more than once and I do not think he is a good fit for our club.

Get somebody in who is keen to make a name for themselves and can install some hunger and passion back to our younger players.

The more I think of Mourinho, the more I think no. he is a pretty classless individual as he has shown more than once and I do not think he is a good fit for our club.

Get somebody in who is keen to make a name for themselves and can install some hunger and passion back to our younger players.

No mate we want a winner. If we really wanna act big think big etc then what better way to get Jose

Nothing more than my thoughts.

If the club are actively seeking new manager as per comments this morning, Martinez has offered to resign and there is clear discord between staff and management then why would we keep him on.

This is our best chance to win something for many years and the club may realise that under the current manager there is disharmony and results aren't forthcoming. Removing him now offers a new lease of life to players and fans going into important ten days.

Akin to when Sunderland appointed Di Canio the club may feel the bounce a new man in charge (probably from within temporarily) can give going into the next few weeks.

Gives the club time to get man in for next year and gives the players and squad a lift.

Palace have lost 6 from 7 last home games. There is growing unrest within our club.

How much lower can we get? Risk losing handsomely in the Derby or Martinez having to play top team to fight for his job three days before semi? What happens then?

Why keep him on when we're already talking to candidates and results aren't forthcoming ?

This. If we're already looking to replace him just do it and start a fresh now than waiting

No mate we want a winner. If we really wanna act big think big etc then what better way to get Jose
Just like we say about league position and cup position, I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Mourinho is undoubtedly one of the best managers on the planet, but he's also a giant tit. If he'd be willing to come then I think we should, absolutely. But if he is a bit wishywashy about it, Im SURE there are great managers out there who aren't as much of a tit as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back