Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Mourinho but think that far too fanciful. I think we should at least try for Koemann hoping the cash may tempt him but fear champions league clubs may be circling St Mary's. Sean Dyche has done an exceptional job at Burnley possibly a much bigger achievement than Karenka at Boro. Mark Hughes would be a safe pair of hands something we're sadly lacking at the moment.

Obviously Mourinho but think that far too fanciful. I think we should at least try for Koemann hoping the cash may tempt him but fear champions league clubs may be circling St Mary's. Sean Dyche has done an exceptional job at Burnley possibly a much bigger achievement than Karenka at Boro. Mark Hughes would be a safe pair of hands something we're sadly lacking at the moment.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate?????

WTF

But he's failed at two clubs here already mate?
It's a fair point and if he didn't get it or people didn't want him then I'd absolutely understand.

To me though Chelsea was far too soon for him and at Spurs he was the fall guy for that DoF buying a load of players who didn't fit the system he wanted to employ.

Didn't they finish fourth under him in his first season? Or have I somehow made that up in the years since he left?

It's a fair point and if he didn't get it or people didn't want him then I'd absolutely understand.

To me though Chelsea was far too soon for him and at Spurs he was the fall guy for that DoF buying a load of players who didn't fit the system he wanted to employ.

Didn't they finish fourth under him in his first season? Or have I somehow made that up in the years since he left?
The thing is with him tho, he's VERY rigid in where a player is supposed to be. At least he did, no idea about him since he left England. But I have more than a few mates that do not look upon his tenure with fondness.

Pellegrini would be a fantastic appointment and for me the most realistic. I can't see Mourinho happening and out of those left Pellegrini definitely fits the bill. Mancini a close second.

Simeone is the only one I would really want at the moment... Not sure what Peppy G would be like without world class players, probably more Martinez like re results... Definitely don't want Jose, no plan for the future with him..... Guus could be decent....
What world is it that you live in? Because it certainly isn't the real world

The thing is with him tho, he's VERY rigid in where a player is supposed to be. At least he did, no idea about him since he left England. But I have more than a few mates that do not look upon his tenure with fondness.

I get that, absolutely.
On the flip side though, would he lay the foundations for the defence? Make us more solid?

Bale wasnt exactly shackled as a result of his tactics either, I think that was his pre-Madrid season IIRC.

Make no mistake though, your mates are in a far better place than I to judge him. I mean that sincerely

Pellegrini would be more of the same for me, his city team looks almost as unmotivated and one tempo'd as ours under Martinez.

Pellegrini has managed some of the best football in prem history. His side in 13/14 were brilliant and cruelly forgotten because of the media love in with Liverpool. Some of their attacking play was exceptional. He's also got decent records in Europe with Villareal Malaga and this season potentially City. There's question marks over his transfer dealings but he is a completely different league to Martinez.

Pellegrini would be a fantastic appointment and for me the most realistic. I can't see Mourinho happening and out of those left Pellegrini definitely fits the bill. Mancini a close second.
The only reason why I am hesitant about Pellegrini is because City has essentially fallen off a cliff since it was announced Guardiola would be taking over. I mean, maybe its the whole 'dead man walking' syndrome he and a lot of the players there have, but they should be walking the league this year, not struggling to maintain 4th.

Pellegrini would be more of the same for me, his city team looks almost as unmotivated and one tempo'd as ours under Martinez.

I am not on the Pellegrini bandwagon at all, but I think a lot of what you are seeing with him and City this season are down to Pellegrini being a dead man walking. Hard to have loads of motivation when you know you've already been replaced.

The only reason why I am hesitant about Pellegrini is because City has essentially fallen off a cliff since it was announced Guardiola would be taking over. I mean, maybe its the whole 'dead man walking' syndrome he and a lot of the players there have, but they should be walking the league this year, not struggling to maintain 4th.

TBF, United did the exact same thing that year Fergie said he was off at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back