Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand the de Boer shouts. Shown up entirely in Europe. Ajax fans wanted him out for playing absolutely dire football which boggles the mind when you consider he's managing the biggest team by a million miles in an utterly terrible league. Martinez would walk the Eredivisie from now until retirement if he managed Ajax.

Perhaps am being slightly harsh but am a bit baffled at what makes him look like he can take a Premier League team to the next level.

Can't be bothered tracking this thread for now ... can I just wait until mid-May when Roberto gets the chop, then one of you kind persons give me the lowdown on the pros and cons of the runners and riders ?

Jose Mourinho is the greatest manager of his generation. If there is even an inkling that he is interested we should be all over him, he'd bring us to a level we havent been in a long long time.

We should stay as far away from him as possible

We survive and thrive on bringing young players through our youth system

He'll kill that youth system stone dead and destroy one of the best generation of young players the academy has ever produced

I'm not prepared to sacrifice that many years of progress for a season or two of success, and nor should anyone else

He will leave Everton as a burnt out husk

We should stay as far away from him as possible

We survive and thrive on bringing young players through our youth system

He'll kill that youth system stone dead and destroy one of the best generation of young players the academy has ever produced

I'm not prepared to sacrifice that many years of progress for a season or two of success, and nor should anyone else

He will leave Everton as a burnt out husk

Do we Mikey?

Can you list the young players we have brought through the youth system under Martinez?

I can, Browning.

1 player in 3 years.

Do we Mikey?

Can you list the young players we have brought through the youth system under Martinez?

I can, Browning.

1 player in 3 years.

If you want to pish away a crop of players that include the likes of Ledson and Dowell, then be my guest, but don't come crying to me when Jose leaves us in disarray and in the wilderness for another 20 years, because that's what will happen if we let him into our club

He'll probably win 1 or 2 cups and be off to a better job while we rot

How many Champions Leagues have Inter Milan and Porto won since he left them? Because that's the bracket our club is in

A Real Madrid and Chelsea can keep spending to right the ship again, we wouldn't

If you want to pish away a crop of players that include the likes of Ledson and Dowell, then be my guest, but don't come crying to me when Jose leaves us in disarray and in the wilderness for another 20 years, because that's what will happen if we let him into our club

How many Champions Leagues have Inter Milan and Porto won since he left them? Because that's the bracket our club is in

A Real Madrid and Chelsea can keep spending to right the ship again, we wouldn't

Where do I sign?

I personally dont think we can afford Jose, wages wise, so its a null point.

I know you like the Yoooth Mikey, but in a cash rich league, most managers will ignore the youth sadly, I mean you say Jose would ruin our club, if the young players are good they will make it elsewhere.

Surely that shows you how good a job he done at Porto and Inter though that they haven't won any CL since, he can't be faulted for that surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back