Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll probably win 1 or 2 cups and be off to a better job while we rot

How many Champions Leagues have Inter Milan and Porto
won since he left them? Because that's the bracket our club is in
What a baffling comment. Winning the Champions League is an exceptionally hard achievement which usually requires a good manager.

To say that when a talented manager leaves the team should carry on succeeding, is to pretty much say their contribution was slight if nil.

I see the fact that they haven't just goes to show how good of a manager he actually is: rising a team from the bottom to the top.

Although Porto have continued to pretty regularly win domestic titles or competitions, so he couldn't have left them in that poor of a state.

In addition, you said that he'd probably win one or two more cups - that's more than any of our previous managers have done since 1995.

Also, if we were to ever get him (which is unlikely) we wouldn't have major money at his disposal so he'd have to use different assets.

He wasn't particularly cash rich at Porto and was able to develop a squad, so it's a facet that is in his locker. He just chooses not to use it.

Youth might be slightly hampered I agree, but Martinez doesn't really utilise it that well either and hasn't been successful as of yet.

Inter Milan are absolute bollocks these days mate

Some may be happy with one moment of joy followed by a complete collapse, but for me it's more about the big picture

You know who came in after him at Inter tho, right?

I mean, saying Inter and Porto are crap since he left only helps to enforce what a superb manager he is.

He left Porto how many years ago?

Defo his fault, havent Porto sold something like 300m worth of players in the last 5 years?

Defo Joses fault dat.

We should stay as far away from him as possible

We survive and thrive on bringing young players through our youth system

He'll kill that youth system stone dead and destroy one of the best generation of young players the academy has ever produced

I'm not prepared to sacrifice that many years of progress for a season or two of success, and nor should anyone else

He will leave Everton as a burnt out husk
His targets set by the chairmen of the clubs he's been in charge of was "Win us Leagues and Champions Leagues and here's a blank cheque to do it". So of course he went out and bought the best because that was what his employers wanted and he was an absolute success everywhere he went. At Porto he lived within his means AND won everything. I'd have zero worries.

You know who came in after him at Inter tho, right?

I mean, saying Inter and Porto are crap since he left only helps to enforce what a superb manager he is.

He left Porto how many years ago?

Defo his fault, havent Porto sold something like 300m worth of players in the last 5 years?

Defo Joses fault dat.

People questioning Jose? Only Evertonians. No trophy in 20 plus years but turn their nose at Mourinho for being too short term. Ha ha. Let's have another 5 year plan from an up and coming manager woefully out of his depth instead, the Everton way.

At Porto he lived within his means AND won everything. I'd have zero worries.
Agreed. People often cite that he's had copious amounts of money to spend in his recent positions as something detrimental.

Yes he may have chosen those positions as part of his career path, but I'm sure if any manager was offered similar resources they'd take them.

"Hey new manager, here is £100m quid to spend to help develop the squad and bring success to the club", exclaimed Bill the Chairman.

"Sorry Bill, I want to prove myself as a frugal manager so I'll survive on £20" - said nobody. He is proven at bringing success everywhere he goes.

Eight league titles, seven domestic cups (not including Super Cups etc) and three European Titles... that's not far off our entire domestic haul!

Will he come? Doubt it. Is he perfect? No. But my God if people are thinking about saying he's not good enough just makes me laugh.

Really?

I'd have Pellegrini.

Why?

What has he done that's so amazing?

He's working with the most expensive squad that's ever been put together yet struggles in Europe and still gets beaten in cup finals by Wigan

He's managed one league title largely down to Liverpool imploding with three games left (LLLOOOOOOLLLLLL) and two league cups

State of them this season with the money he's had to lash about and don't get me started on the utter crap he's bought

I've always like pellegrini ever since he came here with villareal. There's no doubt that he's underperformed at city; however, it'd be interesting to know how much of the transfers were his.

I've heard a lot that txiki bergiristain oversees that majority of transfers for city.

Translate - I read in the Mail

Why?

What has he done that's so amazing?

He's working with the most expensive squad that's ever been put together yet struggles in Europe and still gets beaten in cup finals by Wigan

He's managed one league title largely down to Liverpool imploding with three games left (LLLOOOOOOLLLLLL) and two league cups

State of them this season with the money he's had to lash about and don't get me started on the utter crap he's bought
I'll put that down as a 'maybe' then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back