Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're never going to agree on this lads

Obviously I'll still support the team if Jose came in, but I'd fear for the clubs future after he left

I'll just leave it at that
I'm fearful of the clubs results with Martinez still in charge. Fearing for the clubs future with Jose, what exactly are you afraid of. Naturally there is this presumption that he won't entertain the academy players, is that what you are concerned about? Think about the great players who have played for Chelsea, it would take something special to break into their great teams of recent times. City haven't promoted anyone of note from their academy, during their recent successes for the simple reason is like Chelsea, they have raised the bar of the standards required to play for these teams.
I happen to think securing mourinho would see our profile enhanced significantly. This in turn would lead to better commercial deals for the club, more live games on TV. He undoubtedly would attract a better calibre of player to the club in addition. Even if he is only here for 3 years max. I think the benefits would outweigh the negatives. Yes he wouldn't do things the Everton way, but who cares, all I want is a successful team. I've had enough of 'nice everton' 'plucky everton' I want a 'winning Everton'. To aspire to that you need a winning mentality. Moshiri has it in business, mourinho has it in management.
Saying that I still think Jose is odds on to go to United (virtually nailed on now as LVG won't get 4th) I just hope that if and when Martinez leaves we have a manager with a winning mentality to take over.

De Bruyne and Lukaku

From what I read hes talking about the youth setup, not players bought for a lot of money who where produced from a completely different teams.

There's not been one Chelsea player came through the youth system who's made any impact since Terry from what I can remember.

Only other one I can think of is Bertrand. (actually he came from Gillingham)

Massive massive head

ThemeHospital-BloatyHead.jpg

I'll stick with Emery as my No.1 choice, agree with some that he is at the upper scale in terms of the challenge it would take to persuade him to take us on, but he is not at the point where RM/Barca are about to knock on his door. Exactly the type of manager we should be working to attract and would say a lot about Moshiri's intent if he was approached. This will be a critical appointment as all are we need to show balls and creativity in making it.

I don't want a yes man, I want someone who will challenge established thinking and be respectful to but not in awe of the board. 25 years of mediocrity have washed through every pore of this club, perhaps with Moshiri and a new manager at the helm we can truly herald a fresh start.

Mourinho would represent the above equally well but its more wishful thinking than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back