Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

What has he done that's so amazing?

He's working with the most expensive squad that's ever been put together yet struggles in Europe and still gets beaten in cup finals by Wigan

He's managed one league title largely down to Liverpool imploding with three games left (LLLOOOOOOLLLLLL) and two league cups

State of them this season with the money he's had to lash about and don't get me started on the utter crap he's bought
Mancini was in charge when they got beat by Wigan and he got sacked days later.

He's been to a semi final in the CL with Villareal in 2006 and would have got to a final if Requelme didn't miss a late penalty against Arsenal.

Also took another unfancied team to the QF's of the CL with Malaga and Klopp's Dortmund got through with the late goal.

And in a strong position to take City to the semi finals in the CL

Also at Real Madrid he lost the title by 1 point to Pep's all conquering Barcelona while breaking the La Liga goals record and harshly got sacked.

Harsh indictment of a very good manager who's a class act on and off the pitch.

Have you seen the crap that has been bought for him at City,Txiki Begerastain buys the players at City and the recruitment there the last 4 windows has been shocking except DeBruyne.

I do hope the alleged discussions with "at least" four prospective managers (thanks Esk) are productive and advanced: I fear the results against Palace, Southampton, LFC and the semi will bring out the pitchforks and flaming torches on a scale as yet unseen.

I am especially dreading the derby and the Wembley trip: unfortunately only one of those two can I watch from behind a sofa...

Mancini was in charge when they got beat by Wigan and he got sacked days later.

He's been to a semi final in the CL with Villareal in 2006 and would have got to a final if Requelme didn't miss a late penalty against Arsenal.

Also took another unfancied team to the QF's of the CL with Malaga and Klopp's Dortmund got through with the late goal.

And in a strong position to take City to the semi finals in the CL

Also at Real Madrid he lost the title by 1 point to Pep's all conquering Barcelona while breaking the La Liga goals record and harshly got sacked.

Harsh indictment of a very good manager who's a class act on and off the pitch.

Have you seen the crap that has been bought for him at City,Txiki Begerastain buys the players at City and the recruitment there the last 4 windows has been shocking except DeBruyne.

You don't need a scouting team or high class recruitment. An 8 year old could probably tell you that De Bruyne is a world class player.

Agreed. I'd probably prefer AVB I think, improving manager and imagine he'd have way more hunger to succeed here and prove his doubters wrong.

Sorry but I find this AVB adulation somewhat odd. Martinez is seemingly being canned because of failure at two premiership clubs, yet you're advocating a manager who has done exactly the same at two high spending clubs?

Sorry but I find this AVB adulation somewhat odd. Martinez is seemingly being canned because of failure at two premiership clubs, yet you're advocating a manager who has done exactly the same at two high spending clubs?

I know, compare Martinezs 1 FA Cup and relegation with AVBs 2 league titles and Europa League.

AVB was sacked by Spurs when they sat in 7th place.

7th.

He was also sacked by Chelsea in a season they won the CL.

Yeah, the mans a complete failure.

:hayee::hayee::hayee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back