Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any manager worth his salt would want to manage in the PL at the moment. If, and it's a big if, united keep LVG, the top teams will be managed by Guardiola, Wenger, LVG, Klopp. Throw in relative newcomers like Poch, Koeman and Billic and surprise packages like Ranieri. Even Benitez is back in town. If you're a manager without a job, or even one with a job, this is the show you want to be part of. This is Evertons best chance in a long time to make a real statement, and I'm not talking about Jurgen bloody Klinsmann!

If Mourinho were at all a possibility (I have my doubts), we shouldn't even hesitate. The man practically guarantees results

Pellegrini would be my number two choice, given his record has been excellent in Europe since he came here from South America

Bielsa would be really interesting. It would be short-lived but exciting while it lasted, we'd play good football and get results but he'd run the players into the ground and we'd fade away badly in the last month or two of the season.

After that, the likes of De Boer etc and everyone else don't really excite me because they're not proven at a high enough level. I don't want a gamble or a punt on someone who might be able to make the step-up, I want someone who has been there and done it.

Dear Jose

It is with heavy heart I pen this open letter to you on this fine Wednesday afternoon, as you know we have an away fixture against Palace tonight and I dont recall when ive ever been less arsed about Everton playing a game of football in my life. Ive been more excited about pre-season games than I do about tonight, but enough of that, how are you? I notice you are currently out of work, yes I know Chelsea are paying you 250k a week, but surely you miss the day to day management game?

Well let me try and sell Everton Football Club to you Jose, lets see if we can get those juices flowing.

If you take a glance at our squad, which im sure you did when you made offers for John Stones you will see a very talented base from which to work from, the squad is full of very talented players, most of which would love to work with a manager of your ability, we also currently have a fella in charge that no doubt would be willing to throw you a few bob to add some quality in certain areas.

I mean sure you would have to take a massive pay cut and im sure your daughter would miss the bright lights of London, but ive heard the Albert Dock is a good place to visit and theres always Concert Square.

So Jose, Welcome to Everton or should I say, Welcome Home.

Signed
EFC est. 1878

We don't have enough Germans on the squad for Klinsmann to be interested.

Just be happy with a manager that understood there is the need for an offense AND a defense in Football, been 15 years since we understood that.

487886616-jose-mourinho-manager-of-chelsea-raises-a-gettyimages.jpg

Bill, just because Ranieri did horribly with his previous job doesn't mean that taking one of the worst managers in the world will win us the league! I'd be absolutely furious if we got Jurgen Klinsmann. I'd probably stop watching our games.

Should we really be protesting Bill for even thinking of making these awful managerial appointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back