Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did an impressive job some years ago, particularly with Villareal. However Malaga were massively backed financially and had a fantastic team. He won nothing with Madrid.

I am most concerned with his time at City though and also his age. He has the most expensively assembled squad in the league and will have won it once in 4 years. He has continually failed to address the problems at the back despite spending huge sums of money to do so. The fact that Van Gaal is considered such an awful manager, yet Pellegrini is by no means guaranteed of finishing ahead of him is also a worry.

Yes he has got to the champions league semi in 1 season of out 4. Hardly a staggering achievement.

In all honesty at his age he would be completely the wrong appointment for us and he reminds me of Walter Smith. Get Mourinho. Or failing that get a younger manager who's shown he can develop players and overachieve with a budget in the last 5 years.

Mate check out how much he spent net in his time at malaga and it may surprise you how little it was, maybe they went big on wages etc, but they just spent a huge amount for a club like Malaga, not anythign massively extravagent in real terms

You honestly think that City have brought in the people above him - who all have ties with Guardiola mate from the past and have let Pelligrini have free reign on buying whoever he wanted to, he has at best had a very restricted role in player aquisition there

As for winning the league once in 4 years, mate i think it's very unfair for blaming him for City not being able to win the league in 12/13 when he was the manager of real Malaga at the time, at the end of this year he will have finished 3 years in the job, 1 PL, 2 Cyups and a european Sf - so far

As for Madrid - yup he won nothing - but did break the league record for goals socred in a team, sewt a real madrid all time record for top flight points and lost out on the title to a Guardiola managed Barca team that was probbaly one of the best teams of all time

Talks with this man???

Mark-Hughes-_2__2686956b.jpg

It would be heartbreaking if we got pellegrini. An absolute travesty showing zero planning.

Basicslly he made his name at villereal since coming to europe and has had limited success since then with large budgets.

Wouldnt trust him to spend a bean.

Agree would be an absolute and utter travesty if we hired a manager who this season is in the Champions League Semi Finals

and who reached the Semi finals with Villareal

and who reached the Qf with malaga

all in a tournament we have never actually qualified for

how dare our board have such pathethic ambitions

But go on @Zatara , how much net spend di he actually have at Malaga? will await you showing me how he had such a large budget that he should have been winning things for them and reaching the QF was underperforming

Of the managers realistically attainable I'd also be very happy with Pelligrini for reasons already given by others but if Man City win the Champs League his attainability will dramatically decline as far more teams will covet a Champs League winning manager and his wage demands wii also presumably spiral upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back