Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be Pellegrini I think. Easily done at the end of the season.
Pells is a bit of an odd one for me. On one hand he has struggled this year through his oown mismanagement, but on the other he has done well when not carrying that high expectancy.

I wouldn't say no to him as i would mancini, but i havent watched enough city to know how they truly play.

Has to be Pellegrini I think. Easily done at the end of the season.

It's strange but I wasn't considering him at all up to a week ago. I agree though, after a more considered assessment he does tick a lot of boxes. This season by no means a failure for him considering the circus he has had to endure since February with Guardiola's appointment. Either him or Emery would be my preferred options.

My top two are Mourinho and Pellegrini. Don't think we can/will get either of them.

Next level is De Boer, Cocu, Emery, AVB. Each with varying degrees of likeliness.

Below that is the likes of Koeman, Howe, Bielsa. I don't see why the first two would leave their current posts anyway.

But I genuinely have zero idea who we'd even be contemplating.

My top two are Mourinho and Pellegrini. Don't think we can/will get either of them.

Next level is De Boer, Cocu, Emery, AVB. Each with varying degrees of likeliness.

Below that is the likes of Koeman, Howe, Bielsa. I don't see why the first two would leave their current posts anyway.

But I genuinely have zero idea who we'd even be contemplating.
That last line really is telling at this point. Not aimed at you because I am in the same boat. Literally no idea who they would be looking at especially with Moshiri owning the club now. We have literally no idea what they could get with a) the money that is coming in and b) a new owner who is pretty highly respected everywhere.

People underestimate the job Mark Hughes has done at Stoke. Remember just how bad their football was before he came in? Alright, they got done by the reds badly at the weekend, but he's signed some decent players (for a little unglamorous club like Stoke) and changed their style completely. I've watched them a few times this year and they play some good football and he's not too dogmatic that he won't change things if needed.

Also, I think he'll have had three top half finishes if they hold their current position, plus semi that they lost on pens. He's not to be sniffed at.

I'm not saying bring him in because I think we need to make a statement and try to get a bigger name, but I'd defo go for him over the likes of Howe and Bielsa, if that's the direction we're going.

Again, I'm not saying "Hughes In" before any of your attack me with your virtual anger.

Seen him linked with Zenit. They'd pay a fair whack at a guess.

Zenit are owned by Gazprom mate and Putin being from St Petersberg its widely regarded that money isn't a problem for them

The wealth they have access to they could afofrd any manager or player in the world if they wanted too

On a side note, IF Moshiri uses his contacts through Usmanov (former director of them and the bloke who re-nationalised it) with Gazprom things could get very very interesting, they are massively involved in expanding their PR and advertising image through footy and are involved in absolutely tons of things currently in that area - but don't as of yet have any 'presence' in the premiership i dont believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back