Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see a ruthless streak from Moshiri. Bill doesn't have one, and it'd be a millstone were he still calling the shots.

He needs to pull the trigger as soon as the season is over and get a new man in.

I firmly believe we need to do it now so we can get the boost ahead of the Semi Final. The team are just utterly lost.

I keep saying that I don't think the managers position is under threat at the moment.

But, if our results don't improve early in the new season then he will probably lose his job.
If that happens , then I think we have to throw the kitchen sink at a manager out of the very top drawer.

Of course , a top drawer manager will want a budget to match.

Trouble is that generally top managers are not available during the season. You are left to choose mainly from a smaller pool of talent. If the deed is left to mid season, very top drawer managers probably won't be available.
If we are in a position to get a really good manager in summer then we should go for it.

I firmly believe we need to do it now so we can get the boost ahead of the Semi Final. The team are just utterly lost.
That would be a mistake. We wouldn't get the man we want so quickly, so it'd be a caretaker. The team would be even more rudderless than they are now.

I also think Martinez deserves to complete this season. He got us to the semi, it's his achievement.

That would be a mistake. We wouldn't get the man we want so quickly, so it'd be a caretaker. The team would be even more rudderless than they are now.

I also think Martinez deserves to complete this season. He got us to the semi, it's his achievement.

I think what Martinez deserves mate is the sack because it's not acceptable. I can't see how we would be more rudderless than we are now of either me or you took over. 2 games ago would have been the best time to sack him because like you said we would be cutting it fine now.

Got to disagree mate tbh. There should be no sentimentality with this given it's our best chance of a trophy in years.

We've seen it all before with teams getting a bounce off a new manager. And yes it would be a caretaker but there's no issue with that in this situation. We need the players to be loosed from the negativity and utter staleness of the current environment.

Ultimately he deserves the sack enormously so the sooner the better so we can hopefully salvage our season.

Got to disagree mate tbh. There should be no sentimentality with this given it's our best chance of a trophy in years.

We've seen it all before with teams getting a bounce off a new manager. And yes it would be a caretaker but there's no issue with that in this situation. We need the players to be loosed from the negativity and utter staleness of the current environment.

Ultimately he deserves the sack enormously so the sooner the better so we can hopefully salvage our season.
It's too late. It'd do more harm than good.

That's why it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back